Bronco Thoughts?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My Bronco thoughts. 2022 profit sharing checks, Cha-Ching???. We’re going to sell a crap ton of these. The combination of high tech and rugged off road capabilities, money!! Options and options. Accessories and even more accessories. Ford needed this vehicle possibly like never before. Just awesome. Can’t wait for the BEV version, that one will be a fantastic torque monster.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Since I hesitated on the FE before I thought, why not... Then I saw the price. It looks nice but if I was going to get another Ford, I would pick the Ranger.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Odd because the flyer comparing models says 3,500

Screenshot_20200713-191031.png
That's because my slide was from the Bronco Sport, which will have 2,000 First Edition vehicles produced. Yours is from the Bronco (2 door and 4 door), which will have 3,500 First Edition vehicles produced.

Either way, my point is that if you are going to have a limited edition it is best to say how many are being produced. We still don't know how many MME First Editions will be produced.

OP
OP
BenK

BenK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
That's because my slide was from the Bronco Sport, which will have 2,000 First Edition vehicles produced. Yours is from the Bronco (2 door and 4 door), which will have 3,500 First Edition vehicles produced.

Either way, my point is that if you are going to have a limited edition it is best to say how many are being produced. We still don't know how many MME First Editions will be produced.
Thanks for the clarification!

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I liked it a lot. With the various models, there is something for everyone. Well, except for it not being an EV. I'm a Jeep Wrangler fan, too. I guess, was. HaHa...

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
If I hadn't committed to all EV, I would be ordering one of these two doors right now. :( Four door is crap. This was MEANT to be a two door. Ford is testing my will power. Ford is going to sell the crap out of these. It has been WAY too many years since something like this was available. My environmentally conscious self is dismayed at all the carbon output these will create. My Red Blooded American 4WD junkie self is screaming YAY!!!!!!!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My Bronco thoughts. 2022 profit sharing checks, Cha-Ching???. We’re going to sell a crap ton of these. The combination of high tech and rugged off road capabilities, money!! Options and options. Accessories and even more accessories. Ford needed this vehicle possibly like never before. Just awesome. Can’t wait for the BEV version, that one will be a fantastic torque monster.
Ford has hit a home run with these two Broncos. Amazing.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Ford just showed off the new Bronco.

I was curious to see how tech they went with it being a revival of an old model, after expanding a current family, the mustang.
I've got to say the video is really well done. Makes you have somewhat of an emotional experience. Same thing with the Detroit Youth Choir on the Mach-E reveal.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Look great - Would probably get one but would be off roading less than 5% of the time, so Mach E for now. I wonder about the electric consumption if these were BEVs and the range - perhaps opportunity for solar charge technology if one is practical/feasible

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
First Edition sold out
You must mean the regular Bronco. It let me reserve a sport First Edition this morning. This is one we will test drive before deciding, but I figured for $100 refundable we can decide. The wife liked the sport in that Area 51 blue. And it HAS a trailer hitch!

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
When (if?) they release it as a BEV they'll be well-placed to compete with the R1S.
My guess is that since Rivian is a Ford partner (and Ford is a Rivian investor) there probably won't be an openly competitive vehicle. OTOH, Ford might well tap Rivian to assist with the engineering if there is ever to be a BEV Bronco.
Sponsored