that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
After 5 months of problems Iā€™ve started the buyback process. It makes me sad but itā€™ll be replaced with another one same exact thing. Donā€™t want anything other than the Mach E GT Performance! Dealer and ford customer service has been very helpful!
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
The dealer is going to sell your buyback car for 10 grand more than sticker you could get some of that $$$&

I have bought two and sold both of them and am waiting for two more and in both cases I made money. They both couldā€™ve been Lemon Lawed. I did not let the dealer do that because I knew he would make the money on the repaired vehicle

Itā€™s a special time now for buyers with good credit

Jes sayin

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
The dealer is going to sell your buyback car for 10 grand more than sticker you could get some of that $$$&

I have bought two and sold both of them and am waiting for two more and in both cases I made money. They both couldā€™ve been Lemon Lawed. I did not let the dealer do that because I knew he would make the money on the repaired vehicle

Itā€™s a special time now for buyers with good credit

Jes sayin
You do you Ripperz, but what is the difference between dealers gouging people and us doing it to others? I mean the dealer has employees, their families, etc;. It's a free country, mostly, but to me it makes no difference whether I'm gouged by the dealer or you? Its stories like these that makes those dealers feel justified. Interesting is all. OP is Ford making you wait at the end of the line or priority order?

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
After 5 months of problems Iā€™ve started the buyback process. It makes me sad but itā€™ll be replaced with another one same exact thing. Donā€™t want anything other than the Mach E GT Performance! Dealer and ford customer service has been very helpful!
So the dealership lined up another one for ya? Or do you have to buy another one all over again and go through the same process?

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
You do you Ripperz, but what is the difference between dealers gouging people and us doing it to others? I mean the dealer has employees, their families, etc;. It's a free country, mostly, but to meet it makes no difference whether I'm gouged by the dealer or you? Its stories like these that makes those dealers feel justified. Interesting is all. OP is Ford making you wait at the end of the line or priority order?
Difference is I am recovering from a loss and my buyers are informed. They get the vehicles for less money from me then they would from the dealer.
You canā€™t fix people who want to spend stupidly. But you can prevent a bad business practice from raising prices. Dealers should be confined to retail price for new vehicles. Otherwise Why have a retail establishment and establish a retail price. The aftermarket is completely separate

I am not selling at retail

Jes sayin

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the dealership lined up another one for ya? Or do you have to buy another one all over again and go through the same process?
From what my dealer told me and what ford corporate said they can order me a new one exactly the same as mine like I want and attach the buyback number to the order and get it build and shipped as 1st priority

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
From what my dealer told me and what ford corporate said they can order me a new one exactly the same as mine like I want and attach the buyback number to the order and get it build and shipped as 1st priority
Do buybacks have to be done through the selling dealer? Wonder what happens if you bought from out of state?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Wow, that is good to know they can do that if the car is an issue. If you would not mind, could you indicate what was wrong with it (i.e. always bricked and could not get fixed)?

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
You do you Ripperz, but what is the difference between dealers gouging people and us doing it to others? I mean the dealer has employees, their families, etc;. It's a free country, mostly, but to me it makes no difference whether I'm gouged by the dealer or you? Its stories like these that makes those dealers feel justified. Interesting is all. OP is Ford making you wait at the end of the line or priority order?
I've kinda gone back and forth over this issue. Thing is, dealers have been screwing over customers for decades, even to the point of leveraging lobbyists in state legislatures to make sure they get all kinds of kickbacks and leeway and muscle out direct-to-sales makes like Tesla. Because of this, while part of me wants to say "shame on you" to flippers, I actually have zero issues with the fact that for possibly the first time in history, we as the ordinary customers may be able to sell at a profit rather than the usual massive loss. Undoubtedly, this will change back to the status quo whenever the supply chain issues are resolved, so I will not hold any grudge against any individual who decides to take advantage of this once in a generation opportunity to flip a vehicle for a profit.

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Putting you at #1 priority is a reason to do buyback vs sell for sure.
Hopefully Ford corporate takes it to help their engineering team vs the dealer patching it up and reselling it.
Yes, the dealer will not be taking it back themselves.

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, that is good to know they can do that if the car is an issue. If you would not mind, could you indicate what was wrong with it (i.e. always bricked and could not get fixed)?
Iā€™ve had a couple posts about it but itā€™s an issue with the front camera and no safety features work. Canā€™t use cruise, adaptive cruise, blind spot, lane centering, pre collision, literally nothing. Spent many many times in the dealer and lots and lots of parts.
Sponsored