Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
One other vehicle to consider is the Audi E-tron. Those are a little bigger and has very good looks.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
One other vehicle to consider is the Audi E-tron. Those are a little bigger and has very good looks.
Isn’t that just an id.4, like the Cadillac is nothing more than a blazer?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Audi does make a version of the ID4 it's called the Q4 E-tron but they also make a completely separate E-tron that's bigger and much nicer. Not to make it simple the bigger vehicle is just called the E-tron

Here is a link to a E-tron review

https://www.edmunds.com/audi/e-tron/

2022_audi_e-tron_4dr-suv_chronos-edition_fq_oem_1_815.jpg

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's significantly more expensive with only 230 miles of range.

My friend (who owned the i4 that I bought from)'s wife has an e-tron and raves about the air suspension. He hated how the Model Y rode (he'd hate the MME for certain), but loved his Model S with air suspension and told me the E-tron is even smoother.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

My friend (who owned the i4 that I bought from)'s wife has an e-tron and raves about the air suspension. He hated how the Model Y rode (he'd hate the MME for certain), but loved his Model S with air suspension and told me the E-tron is even smoother.
I hated how the model y drove IMHO harder and more bouncy that the MME. Depend on what is important, I think the E-tron is a really attractive car and Audi makes vehicles that drive extremely nice.

Has GM released the range for the AWD?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Audi does make a version of the ID4 it's called the Q4 E-tron but they also make a completely separate E-tron that's bigger and much nicer. Not to make it simple the bigger vehicle is just called the E-tron

Here is a link to a E-tron review

https://www.edmunds.com/audi/e-tron/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cadillac Lyriq - Thoughts? 2022_audi_e-tron_4dr-suv_chronos-edition_fq_oem_1_815
But the lyriq is just a rebadged blazer? I just want to be sure I understand here.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
But the lyriq is just a rebadged blazer? I just want to be sure I understand here.
Depends on your perspective.

The skateboard is fairly similar... battery... motors... suspension geometry... etc.

Everything above the skateboard is different between the two.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag

Audi will be releasing an updated E-tron as well as a Q6-Etron (Q5 dimensions but with Q7 space) with ~ 300 miles of range and their 2nd gen battery tech.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yes, I do understand. It's a rebatched blazer. This is really common for car manufacturers to do. Sounds like. However, the suspension will be completely different on the two vehicles because the Blazer definitely won't have a luxury soft ride

The skateboard is fairly similar... battery... motors... suspension geometry... etc.

I

Precisely right, I seem to remember Ford uses two platforms. The Mach E is C2 and that is the same as the escape. I have a rental escape right now it's nothing like the MME. It was the same with my MKZ and the Fusion same platform completely different cars

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yes, I do understand. It's a rebatched blazer. This is really common for car manufacturers to do. Sounds like. However, the suspension will be completely different on the two vehicles because the Blazer definitely won't have a luxury soft ride

I

Precisely right, I seem to remember Ford uses two platforms. The Mach E is C2 and that is the same as the escape. I have a rental escape right now it's nothing like the MME. It was the same with my MKZ and the Fusion same platform completely different cars
It’s the other way around, Blazer is a rebadged Lyriq. Lyriq came first.

But again, it’s really not just “rebadged.” Other than the drivetrain they don’t seem to share parts.

This isn’t the Ford Taurus vs Mercury Sable where they were identical except the badges. Those days are long gone.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It’s the other way around, Blazer is a rebadged Lyriq. Lyriq came first.

But again, it’s really not just “rebadged.” Other than the drivetrain they don’t seem to share parts.

This isn’t the Ford Taurus vs Mercury Sable where they were identical except the badges. Those days are long gone.
Well, some here seemed to be asserting that. In fact, there was one poster who was asserting, as an example, that an expedition could be equipped the same as a Navigator (which I know not to be the case, but I didn’t want to go down the rabbit hole). Similarly, while I’m sure the lyriq and blazer share a lot or architectural similarity, I’m sure they’re not the same car. If you buy a blazer, you’re not going to get the same feature set that’s available on the lyriq, no matter what option packages you pick. But, some people want ventilated head rests and will pay for them, while others are quite happy with ventilated seats (just an example).

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Audi will be releasing an updated E-tron as well as a Q6-Etron (Q5 dimensions but with Q7 space) with ~ 300 miles of range and their 2nd gen battery tech.
Looks like it's going to be a while according to the E-tron owner's forum.

Last edited:

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag