Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Really digging some of the Mach E similarities and enhancements for the price point (cooled seats, massaging seats, shade for the glass roof)

Sponsored

Last edited:

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Probably not getting one at the MSRP price point. Can’t imagine how it’s profitable for GM either.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Probably not getting one at the MSRP price point. Can’t imagine how it’s profitable for GM either.
I remember when they first announced full featured extended battery it was $95k

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Download and read the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq owner manual here:
https://www.cadillac.com/bypass/pcf...D_LYRIQ_OM_en_US_U_15644413B_2022JUL29_2P.pdf

My wife wants this type of EV. She does not want the Mach-E although she had a 1980 Mustang. I agree with her "taste" since I am who will pay for it.

I recomend not buying any foreign brands. You will be paying more for parts and servicing. I know because I had two foreign cars and both were very troublesome. If you do decide for the Hyundai EV, you will remember my post!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toreus

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I agree definitely the GV60

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cadillac Lyriq - Thoughts? BDB47F5A-8568-4470-A789-A804288A693A
Don't get me wrong, I love the Hyundai EVs - but the GV60 is a smaller car, that trunk just isn't enough for me. Lyriq is closer in size to the MME.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, I love the Hyundai EVs - but the GV60 is a smaller car, that trunk just isn't enough for me. Lyriq is closer in size to the MME.
I'd say the Lyriq is a tad shorter in height but longer in length - I saw it in person a few weeks back at Massey North Cadillac. So slightly larger overall than the MME but it's not 3-row SUV sized like a Telluride.

I had a May 18th pre-order that had an ETA of fall 2022 but now that is early 2023. I seriously doubt Caddy will even hit that date since they've only shipped 36 Lyriqs total and hundreds of Debut Edition orders that need to be delivered first before the (thousands of) May orders get fulfilled.

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
I have a pre-order in for a dual-motor Lyriq. I think it has a slick design, outstanding tech, and far more luxurious interior than the Mach-E. But in my book it isn’t more compelling than the Mach-E simply because despite being 10-inches longer and at least 500 pounds heavier, it has pretty identical passenger and cargo room. Plus, no frunk. But, still want it.

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Maybe I’m biased, but the distance from the door button to the hook would likely drive me nuts in 2 days!

One of the reasons I like the Mach-e door handle setup so much is after pressing the button with my thumb or index finger, my hand naturally falls into the door handle/hook. It’s one single fluid motion.

The Lyriq’s setup is awkward to say the least.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
You had me at "Ventilated Front Seats"!!!
I keep mentioning this car to my wife who is due for a new car in a year or two. She doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm for EVs as I do. :(

If this thing is as comfortable as a normal Caddy; heck I may consider it. I had to laugh with this kid (was he even 30) referred to the brand as essentially old and outdated (LOL); probably like most of us on this forum.

Was everyone as surprised to see the depth of the hidden storage in the trunk area. Perfect so the groceries are not sloshing around the hatch. That what I use my Frunk for now with the MME.

I have essentially gotten used to the more "firm" ride of the EV's now with 15 months ownership of my MME. That being said; I'd like to check out the ride of the Caddy and if they solved the firmness or bumpiness I'd consider it.

MrMache

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mach-e 2WD Extended
Country flag
Is there anyway we get the android auto version of MME software, the 2023s? It looks so smooth compared to sync4.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
It's not. They've only sold something like 178(?). That's the number under the current recall/stop sale. Almost every vehicle is covered under an NDA, which is why we haven't seen an objective review yet (still no charging tests, including the review above).
Sponsored