California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I am pretty sure I did not apply nor get the X-plan nor options credits
If your employer is a Ford partner, you can get X-Plan pricing through your employer. Find your employer's program code and get your certificate from fordpartner.com

Alternatively, you can get it through Mustang Club of America. Search the forum for details.

Your dealer has to agree to accept the X Plan discount. Most do when we asked before ordering. Where necessary, some people switched dealers (before ordering). I don't know whether your dealer would agree if you ask now. It's certainly too late to switch dealer, unless you're willing to go to the back of the line.

As for Ford Options Credit $2500, you need to finance the purchase through the Ford Options program. You don't need to apply in advance. Search forum for details of the program. There's no prepayment penalty, so it doesn't hurt to go through that if you planned to pay in full. However, qualification and feasibility depends on personal situation.

Let's avoid inventing acronyms. The official acronym is CVRP (clean vehicle rebate program) for the $2000 CA credit with income limit. The official acronym for the $1500 CA credit at point of sales is CCFR (California Clean Fuel Rewards).
Sponsored

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
My company works WITH Ford so wonder if there's something I should have applied for.
Since my shipment looks delayed a month I may have some time here.
Any guidance?
If get an X-plan PIN, you should still be able to apply it to the order if the dealership accepts X-plan. I'm personally Z-plan. The dealer I'm working with didn't need the PIN at the ordering. It's needed when they close the sale upon delivery.

To note: There may be 30 days from when the the X-plan PIN is requested before it expires. Read up on the rules, then request the PIN when you are sure you can close the sale within that window of time.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
If get an X-plan PIN, you should still be able to apply it to the order if the dealership accepts X-plan. I'm personally Z-plan. The dealer I'm working with didn't need the PIN at the ordering. It's needed when they close the sale upon delivery.

To note: There may be 30 days from when the the X-plan PIN is requested before it expires. Read up on the rules, then request the PIN when you are sure you can close the sale within that window of time.
X-plan PIN is valid for one year from time of generation.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yeah bummed about the CCVR being income based
I too encouraged my dealer to apply since they werent on the list.
Forwarded them the email about the program so we will see if they do it for the others that may look to buy in a lower income bracket.

I can see the 9k in FTC+CCFC
My company works WITH Ford so wonder if there's something I should have applied for.
Any guidance?
So easy to get x-plan. Join Mustang Club of America or buy a share of Ford stock - up 60% since I bought it by the way. They will give you a PIN to give to your dealer. Painless.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Yeah bummed about the CCVR being income based
I too encouraged my dealer to apply since they werent on the list.
Forwarded them the email about the program so we will see if they do it for the others that may look to buy in a lower income bracket.

I can see the 9k in FTC+CCFC
Any guidance?
Ford X plan info, you need to get a Pin number to sign in.
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#proof

This site has a list of partners, not sure how up to date it is.
https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Now just need my dealer signed up for Clean Fuel credit and it will all be good . . . .
X Plan Discount
Options Discount $2500
Federal Tax Credit $7500
CA Clean Vehicle Rebate $2000
CA Clean Fuel Credit $1500

$13500 + X Plan total savings off of MSRP
Can anyone help me understand English apparently? Does the CVRP rebate of $2,000 only apply if the household income is less than $150,000 or does the household income serve as only a qualifier for the additional rebate for low income households?

Example:
2 non-married people in house, joint household income $160,000. Single filer (car purchaser) makes $100,000. Does this mean no CVRP of $2,000?

Thank You!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Can anyone help me understand English apparently? Does the CVRP rebate of $2,000 only apply if the household income is less than $150,000 or does the household income serve as only a qualifier for the additional rebate for low income households?

Example:
2 non-married people in house, joint household income $160,000. Single filer (car purchaser) makes $100,000. Does this mean no CVRP of $2,000?

Thank You!
You should look at the guidelines but two non married - you just may be able to use the car buyers income to see if it qualifies for the 2000 rebate instead of the household - unless taxes and/or ownership of the vehicle will be joint (this is beyond my knowledge). The 150k is max for any prorated rebate I believe but you should check the guidelines. Generally the rebates are better if income is lower and above 150K nothing.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility#income-cap

if you filing taxes individually and income is 100K, you will be eligible. That is how I read the details in the link.

OP
OP

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Example:

Thank You!
Please go through the income calculations in detail: it's not like you just take the topline income I believe you can subtract some of the numbers in your tax return.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The $150K limit is for single filers. It's $300K for married filers and $204K for heads of household.

Here are the income requirements copied from the website:

"Income eligibility requirements apply to rebate applications for vehicles purchased or leased on or after March 29, 2016.

• Applicants are not eligible for CVRP rebates if their gross annual incomes are above the following thresholds: $150,000 for single filers, $204,000 for head-of-household filers, or $300,000 for joint filers. The income cap applies for all eligible vehicle types except fuel-cell electric vehicles.
  • Applicants with household incomes less than or equal to 400 percent of the federal poverty level are eligible for an increased rebate amount of $2,500 per rebate. Applicants who are claimed as dependents are not eligible for increased rebates regardless of their income. Increased rebate amounts are available for fuel-cell electric vehicles, battery electric vehicles, and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles."

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

Example:

Thank You!
If you are filing separate returns, then you will qualify. Even if you decide to file a joint return, you'll still qualify.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Example:

Thank You!
Would this help?......https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
So easy to get x-plan. Join Mustang Club of America or buy a share of Ford stock - up 60% since I bought it by the way. They will give you a PIN to give to your dealer. Painless.
I believe you will need more than 1 share.

https://shareholder.ford.com/investors/resources/default.aspx

"DO SHAREHOLDERS QUALIFY FOR VEHICLE DISCOUNTS

Ford Motor Company offers the “Friends and Neighbors” pricing discount to our qualifying shareholders. To be eligible, you must show you are a current Ford Motor Company shareholder who has held a minimum of one hundred (100) shares of Ford Motor Company stock for at least the past 6 months. We call this discount the Shareholder X-Plan Program.

The application for a shareholder X-Plan Pin (X-Pin) can be found at the link below. All further instructions are included in this document"

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I believe you will need more than 1 share.

https://shareholder.ford.com/investors/resources/default.aspx

"DO SHAREHOLDERS QUALIFY FOR VEHICLE DISCOUNTS

Ford Motor Company offers the “Friends and Neighbors” pricing discount to our qualifying shareholders. To be eligible, you must show you are a current Ford Motor Company shareholder who has held a minimum of one hundred (100) shares of Ford Motor Company stock for at least the past 6 months. We call this discount the Shareholder X-Plan Program.

The application for a shareholder X-Plan Pin (X-Pin) can be found at the link below. All further instructions are included in this document"
Thanks for the correction. I joined the MCA and got my pin a few months ago.

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Yes I read that URL but still had trouble parsing out what the household income had anything to do with me as a purchaser (separately). Seems like household is a determination whether I get extra rebate based on low income qualifications based on the household total.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Yes I read that URL but still had trouble parsing out what the household income had anything to do with me as a purchaser (separately). Seems like household is a determination whether I get extra rebate based on low income qualifications based on the household total.
The $150K limit is for single filers. It's $300K for married filers and $204K for heads of household.

Here are the income requirements copied from the website:

"Income eligibility requirements apply to rebate applications for vehicles purchased or leased on or after March 29, 2016.

• Applicants are not eligible for CVRP rebates if their gross annual incomes are above the following thresholds: $150,000 for single filers, $204,000 for head-of-household filers, or $300,000 for joint filers. The income cap applies for all eligible vehicle types except fuel-cell electric vehicles.
  • Applicants with household incomes less than or equal to 400 percent of the federal poverty level are eligible for an increased rebate amount of $2,500 per rebate. Applicants who are claimed as dependents are not eligible for increased rebates regardless of their income. Increased rebate amounts are available for fuel-cell electric vehicles, battery electric vehicles, and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles."
@machdaddy, as @ToddH laid out clearly, for the $2000 CVRP, there is a limit. The limit is $150k if you filed as single or married filing separately, $300k if you filed as joint. Both filing status and income are based on the past year (or, optionally, the year prior if before tax filing deadline).

It does not matter that you're going to purchase the car under your own name only. If you filed tax as joint, you use the joint threshold and joint income for CVRP qualification.

With a $160k joint tax return, you qualify for $2000 CVRP.

There is an increased rebate that you're very unlikely to qualify. But you can do the math yourself to confirm. That depends on your household size, so the information you provided isn't enough.
Sponsored

Last edited: