breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Now if @Ford Motor Company could just say something/anything to the GT/PE owners who’ve found that theirs are being “limited” to 100-101mph 1/4 mile trap speeds vs. the 4Xs running 102-103.5. They get to the finish line quicker (12.5 vs 13.5 range) but are really getting throttled back after 60-80mph in drag runs. Total silence on the issue until the October media drives I guess.

And sorry @breeves002 for putting this in your thread, it just needs max visibility.
No problem by me. There was already a update for the motors I did run when I got home with my car. Though I haven't taken it to the drag strip or done any testing maybe they've adjusted some things, I'm not sure.
Sponsored

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
No problem by me. There was already a update for the motors I did run when I got home with my car. Though I haven't taken it to the drag strip or done any testing maybe they've adjusted some things, I'm not sure.
What?! How do you know the update was for the motors? What is it called? You posted that so casually and none of the drag nuts have yet to respond...

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
What?! How do you know the update was for the motors? What is it called? You posted that so casually and none of the drag nuts have yet to respond...
I hooked up the dealer scan tool and FDRS. Went to the software updates tab and it had updates for the PCM, SOBDM (AC charger), SOBDM B (front motor), SOBDM C (rear motor), and RFA (PAAK). They call them inverter controllers which are what control the power flow to the motor. So I ran all of the updates.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I hooked up the dealer scan tool and FDRS. Went to the software updates tab and it had updates for the PCM, SOBDM (AC charger), SOBDM B (front motor), SOBDM C (rear motor), and RFA (PAAK). They call them inverter controllers which are what control the power flow to the motor. So I ran all of the updates.
You mean to tell me it's really that easy? Getting my dealer to do this, they make it sound like it's some huge ordeal

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
You mean to tell me it's really that easy? Getting my dealer to do this, they make it sound like it's some huge ordeal
I mean yeah it is pretty simple. You have to update all 4 modules at once. It won't let you do just one. If there is an ABS update it will force you to do that one too but there was not one in my case.

Ask them to check it for updates and update the PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, and SOBDMC. It should take them 1 hour labor max. Honestly shouldn't be over a half hour but some of these techs are just slow. The updates for those 4 modules are really fast. The RFA takes much longer. Though I'm not sure if its worth paying for them to do the update I don't actually know what it gets you but since I have the tool and software I went ahead and did it.

I took this video when I did the update but never posted it. I had just started this update a few seconds before starting the video. That is how fast some of them are, especially these 4 modules.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I mean yeah it is pretty simple. You have to update all 4 modules at once. It won't let you do just one. If there is an ABS update it will force you to do that one too but there was not one in my case.

Ask them to check it for updates and update the PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, and SOBDMC. It should take them 1 hour labor max. Honestly shouldn't be over a half hour but some of these techs are just slow. The updates for those 4 modules are really fast. The RFA takes much longer. Though I'm not sure if its worth paying for them to do the update I don't actually know what it gets you but since I have the tool and software I went ahead and did it.

I took this video when I did the update but never posted it. I had just started this update a few seconds before starting the video. That is how fast some of them are, especially these 4 modules.

Which of these updates apply to non-GT models? I know at least RFA and Charging.. do you know if the motor updates are GT only?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Which of these updates apply to non-GT models? I know at least RFA and Charging.. do you know if the motor updates are GT only?
My FE also had motor updates that I ran about a week ago. It had way more updates including ABS, IPMA, BCM, the same ones the GT had, and maybe a few more. I ran all available. Took me all day with the IPMA taking over 2 hours.

vulpes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silver MME, 4ex
Country flag
You got to have some special dealer-only software to do those updates? Or just a laptop and a dream?

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That looks like the Select/Route 1 grille on the calm screen. I think they should match the background image to the actual trim level. I think a subtle GT logo in perspective would look nice.

Does FDRS let you browse the filesystem and/or replace files? Slip in a different background image? Probably not.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
You got to have some special dealer-only software to do those updates? Or just a laptop and a dream?
Dealer scan tool (VCM 2 or 3) or an FDRS compatible scan tool. Then purchase an FDRS subscription (IDS or FDJS, both come with FDRS). FJDS/FDRS is $50 for 2 days or $900 for a year.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
That looks like the Select/Route 1 grille on the calm screen. I think they should match the background image to the actual trim level. I think a subtle GT logo in perspective would look nice.

Does FDRS let you browse the filesystem and/or replace files? Slip in a different background image? Probably not.
No it doesn’t. On sync 3 you can with a QNX VM which I have done before but I haven’t attempted with sync 4.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Here's the video on the shortcut:
Does it just bother me alone with my OCD that the "calm mode" visual background is showing the front grille mustache of the non-GT model on the GT screen? This lack of attention to detail didn't make me calm :)
Sponsored