Can anyone tell anything from this. The dealer sent this to me today.

tlpillow2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Can anyone tell anything from this. The dealer sent this to me today. Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 3.26.20 PM

Specifically the priority code. He implied that the priority code had something to do with the production date. I ordered in early August.

Thanks
Tim
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
10 to 19 means retail order. Dealer uses range to prioritize THEIR orders, 10 being the highest priority. Most are 19.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
10 to 19 means retail order. Dealer uses range to prioritize THEIR orders, 10 being the highest priority. Most are 19.
^^ This is my understanding at well.
I believe the priority is per Vehicle Line which is used for production scheduling. Really only matters if the dealer has exceeded their allocation of that particular vehicle type for that ordering period. If the dealer has available allocations then priority really doesn't matter much as it will be scheduled regardless.

The scheduling program is fairly complex from what I understand....especially with high volume models like the F Series trucks. Some dealers understand the system better than others and as such, they know a few tips and tricks to get vehicles scheduled for production but even then it's a guessing game at times. For example, my First Edition Mach-E was a Retail order with Priority Code 99 yet is was built before almost all Special Order cars. However, in the the end it didn't end up in my hands any sooner because it was set aside at the factory so customer cars can be loaded and transported out sooner than retail cars. What one hand giveth.....the other taketh away. :)

In case the OP isn't aware.....
A Retail order does not have an owner assigned at the time it's produced. Those units are sold to the dealership so they can advertise and sell it as they see fit.
Special Orders usually have an owner assigned at the time it is scheduled for production. This would typically be fleet purchases or orders placed by the general public via the Ford.com Reservation System. When using that system (or the fleet system), a Order Request is submitted to the dealership of choice and they place the order in that person's(company's) name and thus the Special Order designation.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

tlpillow2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E
Country flag
^^ This is my understanding at well.
I believe the priority is per Vehicle Line which is used for production scheduling. Really only matters if the dealer has exceeded their allocation of that particular vehicle type for that ordering period. If the dealer has available allocations then priority really doesn't matter much as it will be scheduled regardless.

The scheduling program is fairly complex from what I understand....especially with high volume models like the F Series trucks. Some dealers understand the system better than others and as such, they know a few tips and tricks to get vehicles scheduled for production but even then it's a guessing game at times. For example, my First Edition Mach-E was a Retail order with Priority Code 99 yet is was built before almost all Special Order cars. However, in the the end it didn't end up in my hands any sooner because it was set aside at the factory so customer cars can be loaded and transported out sooner than retail cars. What one hand giveth.....the other taketh away. :)

In case the OP isn't aware.....
A Retail order does not have an owner assigned at the time it's produced. Those units are sold to the dealership so they can advertise and sell it as they see fit.
Special Orders usually have an owner assigned at the time it is scheduled for production. This would typically be fleet purchases or orders placed by the general public via the Ford.com Reservation System. When using that system (or the fleet system), a Order Request is submitted to the dealership of choice and they place the order in that person's(company's) name and thus the Special Order designation.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

tlpillow2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E
Country flag
So I placed the order via the Ford website on August 10th, so should mine say something different? The ordering process had me choose a dealer.

Thanks

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So I placed the order via the Ford website on August 10th, so should mine say something different? The ordering process had me choose a dealer.

Thanks
Yours looks normal. Mine has a priority code of 19 also. Most do, as a previous poster explained.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Thanks
Yours looks normal. Mine has a priority code of 19 also. Most do, as a previous poster explained.

Actually, @mkhuffman is correct and I am mistaken.
Your Retail order is a special order tied to your name "T Pillow".

I was thinking about "Stock Order". My mistake. Oops.

Here is my car's order sheet.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Can anyone tell anything from this. The dealer sent this to me today. 1633401768579

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
is there any way to check our priority code without asking the dealer?

Mine is at 99. Once its released again I'm wondering if its still a 19.

Does it typically need to work its way down to actually get scheduled?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
is there any way to check our priority code without asking the dealer?

Mine is at 99. Once its released again I'm wondering if its still a 19.

Does it typically need to work its way down to actually get scheduled?
Nope. You are fine at 99. It will get scheduled still.
Sponsored