Cancelled my order - got an e-tron

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
I had quite an early reservation number and converted my reservation to order on pretty much day 1 when it came possible. I was very excited of the MEE until I saw the built-date estimate end Feb. took a test drive with an audi and bought it two days later.

still going to take the MEE for a test drive, whenever that is possible, but I figured for less money (used, CPO) I can get more features, more space, more premium feel, and hopefully a more finished product (time will tell). Only downside is lower range, less acceleration, dealer-performed software updates.

any other soul mates here?
The wait has been killing me too :D I've been waiting over a year to get the vehicle and MANY times it crossed my mind to switch to another vehicle - lots of new vehicles keep getting announced in a year. But I figured the wait would be worth it (still hoping it is! lol). Good luck with your Audi! I hope you like it.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My concern with an E-Tron is the same I have with every VW Group vehicle, which is what will the quality be like over many years? Reliability studies are always problematic, but Audi doesn't look that hot....

The most reliable car brands on the American market in 2020 (newatlas.com)

I hope the E-Tron bucks that trend. Audis have always felt very flush and upscale to me on the inside, and I'd lease one without reservation (because who cares if it is garbage in 5 years if you only have it 3?).

I wish you the best of luck with it and glad you had a chance to test drive it and think it over a little. :)

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
I actually considered an E-Tron as well. My big sticking point was that it looked too much like a station wagon to me (we had an Oldsmobile station wagon as a kid). I couldn't fathom the idea of paying that much money for a 'luxury' vehicle, only to be driving around in a station wagon. Clearly not everyone thinks like I do though, as I see plenty on the road. The inside looks nice though! Look forward to hearing your updates and what you think of it.
The e-tron also comes in a Sportback model.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cancelled my order - got an e-tron {filename}

OP
OP

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
what model did you get? can I ask what price it was not counting sales tax. Wonder how much they do cost right now. Any rebates?
I got a Premium Plus 2019 CPO with about 1000 miles on it for 52k roughly.

Been very happy with the car so far. It seems early production problems were sorted out by the time mine was produced (very late 2019, manual reads 2020 actually). No issues so far and with OBDeleven I’ve been able to explore some of the “under the hood” features as well.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Been very happy with the car so far. It seems early production problems were sorted out by the time mine was produced (very late 2019, manual reads 2020 actually). No issues so far and with OBDeleven I’ve been able to explore some of the “under the hood” features as well.
That sounds like a nice price for a nice car.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag

Keep us posted how things go.

I have an 8 hour test drive scheduled through Audi’s Charging Forward program where they drop off the vehicle at your house for an extended test drive.

e-tron Charging Forward Extended test drive
Sponsored