Mach-E vs. 2024 Audi Q8 E-tron

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Formerly known as the E-tron, it has received a mid-cycle refresh and rebranded as the Q8 E-tron. I dislike the new name as the Q8 is a much larger vehicle!

- 114kWh battery (formerly 95 kWh)
- 362 miles on WLTP cycle (for traditional SUV shape), 375 miles on WLTP cycle (for sportback)
- 170kW charging speed (formerly 150kW)
- 402 hp, 490 lb-ft torque
- Same dimensions as previous E-tron
- Available April 2023
- No mention of assisted driving tech
- Pricing not available yet

I'm disappointed. The body shape looks the same as the former E-tron. The interior doesn't have enough physical buttons and looks the same as the previous E-tron's. Range is probably going to slot in around the 300-mile mark on the EPA cycle. Charging speed is slower than the GM Ultium platform. tbh it seems uncompetitive with upcoming and recently introduced models.

There's no reason to buy a Q8 E-tron when the Q6 E-tron looks better (and larger). Mach-E wins this round imo.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2024 Audi Q8 E-tron q8

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2024 Audi Q8 E-tron q8-interior

Last edited:
OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2024 Audi Q8 E-tron burlappcar-audi-1-2

burlappcar-audi-1a.jpg

burlappcar-audi-3-1.jpg

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
A couple of random thoughts... First off, EVs are truly the Revenge of the Station Wagon... because of the size and weight of the batteries I suppose.

In the pictures above, the car has the cameras for mirrors which will not happen real soon in the states. I wonder what else will not be US spec?

3 years late behind the MME... for ~30% more money... just as the flood gates of competitors show up. I wonder how these will sell.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A couple of random thoughts... First off, EVs are truly the Revenge of the Station Wagon... because of the size and weight of the batteries I suppose.

In the pictures above, the car has the cameras for mirrors which will not happen real soon in the states. I wonder what else will not be US spec?

3 years late behind the MME... for ~30% more money... just as the flood gates of competitors show up. I wonder how these will sell.
Yeah, I doubt the virtual side mirrors will make it to US-spec vehicles. A disappointing and uncompetitive mid-cycle refresh. Hoping Audi doesn't drop the ball with the upcoming Q6 E-tron.
Sponsored