Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Only the GTPE has the stiffer sway bar. The base GT has the same sway bar as all other models.
The Steeda sway bars at the softest hole are equivalent to the GTPE sway bars, so they say. I put mine on the stiffest hole.
Sponsored

JRSNoVa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Grabber Blue
Country flag
I have read probably 1,000+ posts on this subject. It seems like the ride quality in the non-GT models is similar, but I wonder about cars with the smaller battery and how that compares with larger battery cars. I have not seen anyone post about the differences but those who complain seem to be complaining about the same thing.
I've had and EV6 for 9 months and 6000 miles. I have not noticed any significant bounciness, even on unpaved roads.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
After driving my Premium AWD a few days... wow it is STIFF!

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
I have a few Fisker Oceans reserved, if the car is anything like what has been laid out so far, it’s going to do well and I hope it does exceptionally well.
Why would you order a few? Leave a couple for other people.

CaPhil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium SR, Star White
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
Yea I couldn’t and wouldn’t spend 4k on aftermarket stuff on an already overpriced vehicle.
I hear you. In my case I would spend the 4K if there was a general consensus that it solved the problem, not that it just helped it.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
Why would you order a few? Leave a couple for other people.
Leave a couple for other people? Other people can order their own, besides i have one for myself and one for my wife.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Leave a couple for other people? Other people can order their own, besides i have one for myself and one for my wife.
A few is more than 2. You may have a few wives. Make sure they are ordered in different colors. Enjoy your fleet.

YouEeee

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford mustang mach e gt
Country flag
Just wonder any shop around near SoCal do installation for steeda sway bar?

Im not mechanic guy so have no idea how to work on it :(

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Any part wizards out there discern any difference with '22 my MMEs? I just picked up my second for the wife, a Premium AWD and I thought it rode really well. Was less bouncy, harsh, and overall pretty plushy. Maybe I just need more seat time.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any part wizards out there discern any difference with '22 my MMEs? I just picked up my second for the wife, a Premium AWD and I thought it rode really well. Was less bouncy, harsh, and overall pretty plushy. Maybe I just need more seat time.
You are the second person I have seen post that they felt a improvement between a MY21 and MY22. I wonder what the difference is? Sway bars?

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
Has anyone replaced front and rear springs on a standard range RWD with GT springs?

I'm looking for a mild drop. I only found AWD replacement posts.

Thanks

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Ford NL now sells the Eibach Pro Kit on it's official website as accessory.
https://www.ford-accessoires.nl/sty...cer-kit-/2631126?model=mustangmache&year=2020

According to my dealer it fits on RWD SR/ER as well as AWD SR/ER. I drive an RWD SR.
However, according to Eibach website the spring are specifically made for the AWD and the certificate says it's not suited for 2WD.
https://media.carparts-ca...d/310484/112/E1035054.PDF

The fact there is no difference made regarding ER/SR by Eibach it makes me wonder what the reason would be that there is a difference in AWD and RWD. In the back there should be no difference at all, only the front might be made based on the higher weight due to the extra motor in the front thus making it to stiff for the RWD version.

Any thoughts?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I have a few Fisker Oceans reserved, if the car is anything like what has been laid out so far, it’s going to do well and I hope it does exceptionally well.
How likely is it that the new Fisker will survive longer than the old Fisker?

The old Fisker Karma was cool, but I'm very happy not to own one.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford NL now sells the Eibach Pro Kit on it's official website as accessory.
https://www.ford-accessoires.nl/sty...cer-kit-/2631126?model=mustangmache&year=2020

According to my dealer it fits on RWD SR/ER as well as AWD SR/ER. I drive an RWD SR.
However, according to Eibach website the spring are specifically made for the AWD and the certificate says it's not suited for 2WD.
https://media.carparts-ca...d/310484/112/E1035054.PDF

The fact there is no difference made regarding ER/SR by Eibach it makes me wonder what the reason would be that there is a difference in AWD and RWD. In the back there should be no difference at all, only the front might be made based on the higher weight due to the extra motor in the front thus making it to stiff for the RWD version.

Any thoughts?
Your logic seems sound. I would be very wary about using front springs developed for the AWD in a RWD MME, because weight does seem to have a significant impact on ride quality in my car. Less weight in the front may cause more bounce, not less.

Here is another alternative that might help with bounce, but probably not. I can envision more bounce after putting these on:

https://www.steeda.com/hr-springs-51695-mach-e-sport-lowering-springs#/filter:ss_ymm:Mach-E$253E2021
Sponsored