Car doesn't lock about 25% of the time

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Mine locks every time.... BUT it is very annoying how fast it locks. Getting out and walking around to get my wife or kid out of the car, it locks. I try to hug the car as tight as possible, still locks. So I either have to hand my phone off to my wife, digging out of my pocket or I have to stand there like a dumbass while the car locks, and tries to unlock again being all confused. Very annoying. Needs to be like a 10ft distance before it tries to lock.
Or you could turn off walk away lock and just hit the lock button on the door when you want to lock it.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Mine locks every time.... BUT it is very annoying how fast it locks. Getting out and walking around to get my wife or kid out of the car, it locks. I try to hug the car as tight as possible, still locks. So I either have to hand my phone off to my wife, digging out of my pocket or I have to stand there like a dumbass while the car locks, and tries to unlock again being all confused. Very annoying. Needs to be like a 10ft distance before it tries to lock.
This happens to me also. It is very annoying especially with the loud confirmation honk. I think I may turn that off.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We went on a 1,000 mile road trip and were dissatisfied with PAAK and will be turning it off. The main reason is that it wouldn't lock until we were far away from it or it would unlock at seemingly random distances. In particular, one night I parked across the parking lot from our motel room and it didn't lock until we were inside the room (we tested it). If I'd parked right in front of the room, it seems like wouldn't have locked automatically.

Instead of relying on an unreliable feature, I'd rather remain used to locking it from the door or with the fobs, just like we've done for decades.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We went on a 1,000 mile road trip and were dissatisfied with PAAK and will be turning it off. The main reason is that it wouldn't lock until we were far away from it or it would unlock at seemingly random distances. In particular, one night I parked across the parking lot from our motel room and it didn't lock until we were inside the room (we tested it). If I'd parked right in front of the room, it seems like wouldn't have locked automatically.

Instead of relying on an unreliable feature, I'd rather remain used to locking it from the door or with the fobs, just like we've done for decades.
This is interesting because Monday I did my 140 mile work commute and spent the night in hotel Monday night. I had a suitcase in my hatch so I did a lot of opening and closing the hatch. I am willing to bet you did as well. I noticed the walk away lock consistently failed after I had opened the hatch and some doors. When I got out of the car and didn't open the hatch, walk away lock worked 100% of the time.

I am using PaaK exclusively.

I wonder if opening the hatch is confusing the PaaK Bluetooth system somehow? Kick to open does not work for me when using PaaK, so maybe the rear of the car is not a reliable Bluetooth detection zone?

beckermanex

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Prem RWD
Occupation
Information Management
Country flag
I've never been able to get the walk-away to work, to throw in my two-cents. I use PAAK exclusively and the welcome lights or auto-lock have never worked (I don't even carry the FOB on me). I've resigned myself that the lighted ponies will never see the darkness and that I just have to use the capacitive button above the door open button, and that's fine. It's annoying it doesn't work the way it should, but, yeah...it's fine.

I wish the software was a bit more refined or could geofence around your house or designated area to not respond to the fob with locking and unlocking but that would be problematic if it wasn't in the garage I suppose.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I use PaaK and have the horn beep turned off. I rely on the notice that appears on my phone as I walk away.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car doesn't lock about 25% of the time 58071CC9-A129-4E27-9861-9D50D2B1E10B

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use PaaK and have the horn beep turned off. I rely on the notice that appears on my phone as I walk away.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car doesn't lock about 25% of the time 58071CC9-A129-4E27-9861-9D50D2B1E10B
I might do this because it becomes very annoying when I go out to the car for just a minute and it honks at me as I am walking away. Especially annoying in the garage.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've never been able to get the walk-away to work, to throw in my two-cents. I use PAAK exclusively and the welcome lights or auto-lock have never worked (I don't even carry the FOB on me). I've resigned myself that the lighted ponies will never see the darkness and that I just have to use the capacitive button above the door open button, and that's fine. It's annoying it doesn't work the way it should, but, yeah...it's fine.

I wish the software was a bit more refined or could geofence around your house or designated area to not respond to the fob with locking and unlocking but that would be problematic if it wasn't in the garage I suppose.
You probably have software module updates needed. PaaK reliability gets a lot better when you have the latest software. That has been my experience anyway.
Sponsored