Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And I quote:

“Like Mr. Fridge Perry, this 5001-pounder charges off the line, getting to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds (Ford claims 3.5). But its gait turns to a trot around 80 mph, which takes 6.2 seconds to reach. You need 12.7 seconds to cover a quarter-mile. The non-GT 346-hp Mach-E4X is only 0.9 second behind at the quarter (and going 2 mph faster), effectively making the GT Performance’s starting price of $66,000 a $9600 premium, a tough sell.”
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
And I quote:

“Like Mr. Fridge Perry, this 5001-pounder charges off the line, getting to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds (Ford claims 3.5). But its gait turns to a trot around 80 mph, which takes 6.2 seconds to reach. You need 12.7 seconds to cover a quarter-mile. The non-GT 346-hp Mach-E4X is only 0.9 second behind at the quarter (and going 2 mph faster), effectively making the GT Performance’s starting price of $66,000 a $9600 premium, a tough sell.”
Better looking, better brakes, better wheels/tires, MUCH better suspension, upgraded seats and it’s faster.

While I appreciate them putting the screws to Ford about the 5 second issue, even as is you get a lot for $9600.

Let’s say you went a la carte, it might look like this-

Bodykit/seats- $3k
Wheels- $2500
Mag ride- $2500
Brakes- $1600

Extra horsepower- basically free with the above packages.

And if they offered the above items at the above prices, I’m betting a TON of people would check those boxes, even if they didn’t care about the extra power boost.

OP
OP
blkadr08

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Better looking, better brakes, better wheels/tires, MUCH better suspension, upgraded seats and it’s faster.

While I appreciate them putting the screws to Ford about the 5 second issue, even as is you get a lot for $9600.

Let’s say you went a la carte, it might look like this-

Bodykit/seats- $3k
Wheels- $2500
Mag ride- $2500
Brakes- $1600

Extra horsepower- basically free with the above packages.

And if they offered the above items at the above prices, I’m betting a TON of people would check those boxes, even if they didn’t care about the extra power boost.
There is no free launch……..

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
While I like the GTPE rims better than the GT, in my region I prefer the all season tires on the regular GT. Also I like the regular GT seats over the PE and as I never really intend to drag race this thing I don’t think the brakes in the PE are really a big selling point for me. So in my decision to go for the regular GT over the PE the only feature in the PE that I would have paid for is the magna ride suspension. I have not sat in or driven a PE but I have driven the GT so again my preferences are more educated guesses than actual experience for what it’s worth.

has anyone seen a video showing the regular GT 0-60 for independent verification? I see plenty of the PE on YouTube but can’t find a regular GT test

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
While I like the GTPE rims better than the GT, in my region I prefer the all season tires on the regular GT. Also I like the regular GT seats over the PE and as I never really intend to drag race this thing I don’t think the brakes in the PE are really a big selling point for me. So in my decision to go for the regular GT over the PE the only feature in the PE that I would have paid for is the magna ride suspension. I have not sat in or driven a PE but I have driven the GT so again my preferences are more educated guesses than actual experience for what it’s worth.

has anyone seen a video showing the regular GT 0-60 for independent verification? I see plenty of the PE on YouTube but can’t find a regular GT test
The difference in 0-60 times between the GT and the PE is 95% the tires. The tq is the other 5. You put same tires on the GT and will guarantee less then a tenth difference.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The difference in 0-60 times between the GT and the PE is 95% the tires. The tq is the other 5. You put same tires on the GT and will guarantee less then a tenth difference.
I’d say the difference is 90% marketing and 10% reality since the GT times are better than advertised and the PE are worse.

Best I’ve seven for a GT was like 3.7 and best for a PE was around 3.6.

I would like to see what a GTPE does with full traction though. Mine spins at launch and again at 35 mph (peak tq it seems).
Sponsored