Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I find it annoying, but I have not experienced anything that requires a reboot. I can tell right away the wrong profile is selected because the seat moves forward and I can barely sit behind the steering wheel. All I do is press the "1" button on my door and my profile is magically loaded immediately. So only a very brief period of inconvenience and then I move on.

It will be good when this is fixed, but it isn't really a big problem. iMO.
Hmm when the profile is stuck on guest, when I press the seat button my seat goes to the correct position but the rado presets don’t change and it stays in guest mode…. I tried a sync reboot and then it came up on my profile….

Seems to be happening nearly every day now.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Hmm when the profile is stuck on guest, when I press the seat button my seat goes to the correct position but the rado presets don’t change and it stays in guest mode…. I tried a sync reboot and then it came up on my profile….

Seems to be happening nearly every day now.
It is strange that this problem isn't more consistent. The seat button has always selected the profile assigned to that position in my car. My wife's profile is assigned to seat position 2, mine 1. I wonder if there is something about how your car's profiles are configured that is different from the way I did it?

Swanlee

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
System Admin
Country flag
Our Mach E had this happen after the 3.5.3 update yesterday. Frustrating we will try some of the workarounds until a software fix comes down.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It just happened again. I always have problems after my wife drives the car using her key. She used the car this morning and bingo, guest profile came up when I drove the car alone using PAAK just a little while ago.

profiles go to guest and I cannot switch to mine. I have to reboot screen

On the bright side car play worked fine this time without rebooting. But needed to reboot anyway to get to my profile.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
It just happened again. I always have problems after my wife drives the car using her key. She used the car this morning and bingo, guest profile came up when I drove the car alone using PAAK just a little while ago.

profiles go to guest and I cannot switch to mine. I have to reboot screen

On the bright side car play worked fine this time without rebooting. But needed to reboot anyway to get to my profile.
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

WarpFactor9

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Rapid Red Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have never had the profile switch to guest but about 50% of the time it switches from my profile to my wife’s. At first I had both key fobs and phones linked but, to try and resolve the issue, I unlinked both phones - no change; then deleted her profile and recreated it - no change, then re-linked my key phob - no change. I saw no difference with auto lock on/off, lock or unlock with the key fob, etc. It seems to have no pattern!

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
The bug is known about and a fix is in place for future OTA's and a fix for the current issue is in progress
Was this a joke or was this true when you wrote it? Because 8 months later, this bug continues to annoy the heck out of me by trying to crush my knees on a near daily basis.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Was this a joke or was this true when you wrote it? Because 8 months later, this bug continues to annoy the heck out of me by trying to crush my knees on a near daily basis.
@Gimme_my_MME doesn't decide what goes into any given PowerUp, if they did, we’d all be complaining about something else. What they wrote was true at the time. As for your specific issue, that sounds a bit often. Is the car switching to guest profile? If so, try setting the guest profile so it matches your own profile as much as possible. That’ll limit the wear and tear on your knees.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
@Gimme_my_MME doesn't decide what goes into any given PowerUp, if they did, we’d all be complaining about something else. What they wrote was true at the time. As for your specific issue, that sounds a bit often. Is the car switching to guest profile? If so, try setting the guest profile so it matches your own profile as much as possible. That’ll limit the wear and tear on your knees.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did make that change to the guest profile a while back, so I don't think it's switching to the guest profile.

I'm usually half-way into the seat and in a bit of a rush when I notice the seat is moving forward to knee crush depth so I mash the profile button on the door and don't wait to see which profile it's switching to. I'm going to be more patient next time and see which profile loads, likely my spouse's, who sits much, much closer to the steering wheel than I do.

And for completeness, I've already tried unlinking the FOBs and PAAK from the profiles and re-linking them, and that hasn't helped.
Sponsored