OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I had it happen once and rebooted sync while driving and it hasn't come back. Not sure how smart the while driving part was but hey, it worked!
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had this issue right after one of the recent updates, but it went away pretty quickly and has not recurred. The different behavior is strange.
No two cars are the same. We have 3 of these things and they each have different quirks. So far my car is in the lead. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had it happen once and rebooted sync while driving and it hasn't come back. Not sure how smart the while driving part was but hey, it worked!
The majority of my Sync reboots happen while driving. I don't have time to park and wait. Places to go, people to see. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The Sync reboot is likely helping. That’s what I’ve had to do to be able select my profile again after it gets stuck on Guest.
You are correct.
I decided not to hard reboot the Sync system this morning to see how my day would go. My profile loaded normally on my first three drives. On the 4th drive, the guest profile loaded. So, I still have the issue apparently. :(

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
You are correct.
I decided not to hard reboot the Sync system this morning to see how my day would go. My profile loaded normally on my first three drives. On the 4th drive, the guest profile loaded. So, I still have the issue apparently. :(
Me too, I know right away when it's dark out, because the ambient lighting is purple instead of blue or orange for my last setting. During the day, I don't catch it right away and am already driving when I notice it.

OP
OP
CarDreams

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
It happened three times yesterday. It was highly annoying. I had to delete the other fake profiles I created and create new profiles each time to switch. I didn't notice the first time and of course, my car kept rolling because it was in the guest profile and not in the profile I expected it to be in. Good thing I caught it before hitting the car in front of me.

@Ford Motor Company This is a software bug.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
It happened three times yesterday. It was highly annoying. I had to delete the other fake profiles I created and create new profiles each time to switch. I didn't notice the first time and of course, my car kept rolling because it was in the guest profile and not in the profile I expected it to be in. Good thing I caught it before hitting the car in front of me.

@Ford Motor Company This is a software bug.
Hey! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I have had this as well. Add into that the profile options partially get overwritten.
Ford's programmers suck. Mines now charging to 100% instead of 90 like it's programmed for.

OP
OP
CarDreams

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
Clicking the "open doors" button on the keyfob defaults it to my profile 100% of the time, prior to entering the car. This has been my workaround until the release an update that patches the problem.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I love this forum. I was frustrated that the car wouldn't load my profile. Tried everything I could think of. A quick search on here and now I realize my misery has company. I don't feel so bad now.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It seems to be worse when I carry a fob instead of just using PaaK. Has anyone else noticed that? I wonder if there is some conflict between my PaaK and the fob that is causing the car to get confused regarding the profile. It shouldn't, because both my fob and phone are registered to the same profile, but who knows. I just notice it is much worse when I carry my fob.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hey! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.
Collecting individual VINs isn’t going to help. Instead, can you check with the right department at Ford and confirm that they know about this bug and are working on a fix? We’ll wait here for you to get back to us. Thanks.

OP
OP
CarDreams

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
Collecting individual VINs isn’t going to help. Instead, can you check with the right department at Ford and confirm that they know about this bug and are working on a fix? We’ll wait here for you to get back to us. Thanks.
Yeah, I didn't even respond to that automated response.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The bug is known about and a fix is in place for future OTA's and a fix for the current issue is in progress