mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yeah, I didn't even respond to that automated response.
It is not an automated response. Yes, they don't have a lot of authority or insight into what is really happening, but they can help. They helped me by following up with my dealer when I had my car in for software updates and the half shaft replacement. I think it put pressure on the dealer, but maybe the dealer didn't care. At least it make me feel better about how Ford values their customers.
Sponsored

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
EDIT - It's possible that I accidentally disabled Personal Profiles - which makes it look like there are no profiles. When I enabled again, both of my missing profiles reappeared.

Lost both my wife's and my profiles today, any way to recover them? Sync reboot did not help.

I got OTA 2.8.1 yesterday and the profiles were fine while driving yesterday. Today I was poking around in all the Settings to see what is new. I poked the "Valet Mode" setting, not knowing that it doesn't have a settings page... poking the button actually puts it in Valet mode. So, I deleted the Valet passcode. Then I noticed that I was in the Guest Profile, and my other profiles were gone. I can't be sure that something else didn't delete them before I tried Valet Mode... I just noticed it after leaving the Valet page.

I searched the forum and found this thread. I tried reseting Sync (holding the Vol- and "Seek right" buttons at the same time for several seconds). That did not restore things.

It remembered my home charging settings, and my PAAK still works. Just no profiles.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Lost both my wife's and my profiles today, any way to recover them? Sync reboot did not help.

I got OTA 2.8.1 yesterday and the profiles were fine while driving yesterday. Today I was poking around in all the Settings to see what is new. I poked the "Valet Mode" setting, not knowing that it doesn't have a settings page... poking the button actually puts it in Valet mode. So, I deleted the Valet passcode. Then I noticed that I was in the Guest Profile, and my other profiles were gone. I can't be sure that something else didn't delete them before I tried Valet Mode... I just noticed it after leaving the Valet page.

I searched the forum and found this thread. I tried reseting Sync (holding the Vol- and "Seek right" buttons at the same time for several seconds). That did not restore things.

It remembered my home charging settings, and my PAAK still works. Just no profiles.
Are you stuck in valet mode? If so the car should exit valet mode if you’re using PAAK. Plus the valet code should be on FordPass iirc.

If you’re “just” stuck in guest in general, welcome to tte club. You can try creating a third profile (eg - TEST, Whyme, etc.) and see if that will let you back into your other profiles. Pretty much what’s been covered in the various threads on this issue.

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Are you stuck in valet mode? If so the car should exit valet mode if you’re using PAAK. Plus the valet code should be on FordPass iirc.

If you’re “just” stuck in guest in general, welcome to tte club. You can try creating a third profile (eg - TEST, Whyme, etc.) and see if that will let you back into your other profiles. Pretty much what’s been covered in the various threads on this issue.
Not stuck in Valet mode. I was able to drive using PAAK, and FordPass shows that a Valet passcode has been deleted.

I guess you could consider me "stuck" in Guest Profile, but not because it ignores me trying to select a different profile. I'm stuck because there are no other profiles offered - they don't exist. Pressing the door buttons does nothing.

I would try creating a "first" profile (or is Guest considered the first profile?), but I'm afraid that would permanently overwrite the two profiles I used to have. I'm holding out hope that my original two profiles will "magically" reappear...

Funny, I looked up "Valet" in the index of the PDF user manual (Edition date 202007, First-Printing) and it is not in the index. But, 3 lines up my eye caught the entry for "Using the Valet Mode"

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is definitely related to carrying a fob. When I only use PaaK, no profile switching. When I carry my fob, it happens 75% of the time.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is definitely related to carrying a fob. When I only use PaaK, no profile switching. When I carry my fob, it happens 75% of the time.
I've noticed this as well. It also seems like it's more likely to happen if you press the button on the fob to unlock the car before you get to it.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Lol. This bug is great. I have it too.
When you remote start, that REALLY seems to get it stuck good on the guest profile.
Creating a third profile fixed it for that drive session, but it's back now.

@Ford Motor Company , will you just hire me to do QA or something on these releases? At least then I can post back here in the forum about what's really going on...

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine is exactly reverese. Never have an issue with FOB with profiles and 75% works with PAAK

quality is job 1 with Ford , bottom line it has a mind of its own. But at least the car starts and I can drive it So not the worst thing in the world.

now I wish I knew why my preset stations all disappear and 15 other stations show up.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like this problem is consistently inconsistent.

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag

I went to re-enter the profiles and discovered that Profiles were disabled (under Settings -> Profiles). It's possible that I accidentally disabled them as I was looking around Settings looking for changes due to my recent OTA.

If someone in the future complains that they lost their profiles, tell them to make sure that Profiles are enabled.

Mark II

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
This just happened to me today. I only use PAAK and couldn’t figure out how to get out of the guest profile. Considering this was reported a while ago I’m surprised Ford hasn’t fixed it by now. Getting in the car and it suddenly not being in one pedal drive is a little surprising.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
This weekend it was really a pain. Had to reboot sync twice Saturday and three times today.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I find it annoying, but I have not experienced anything that requires a reboot. I can tell right away the wrong profile is selected because the seat moves forward and I can barely sit behind the steering wheel. All I do is press the "1" button on my door and my profile is magically loaded immediately. So only a very brief period of inconvenience and then I move on.

It will be good when this is fixed, but it isn't really a big problem. iMO.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This weekend didn’t have any profile issues and even when my phone was connected and my wife’s Car Play (using my PAAK) , I was able to switch to my car play without a problem.
Sponsored