Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
none
Country flag
Hi all, I apologize if I am posting to the wrong thread, but anyways. My car got hit on November 10th and has been in the shop since then. So I went to the body shop last week to get a new loaner car, and was told they are still waiting for the back ordered door frame and they could have it for six months or more. Does this sound right? I just feel like six months is really long and tomorrow will be two months since the accident happened. TIA. (Iā€™ll also add a picture of the car after it got hit)

901B0DB8-5B86-4DBC-9662-F7DDB85DE897.jpeg
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What reason would your body shop lie? They want to be paid - and they don't get paid for a car sitting around waiting for parts.

OP
OP
areda11

areda11

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
none
Country flag
What reason would your body shop lie? They want to be paid - and they don't get paid for a car sitting around waiting for parts.
Not saying they would lie, but is this one of those things where they tell you that so that they dont say 2 months maybe and it takes longer?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Not saying they would lie, but is this one of those things where they tell you that so that they dont say 2 months maybe and it takes longer?
None of us run a body shop, nor know your body shop. Your damage looks pretty extensive. I suspect the estimate is around $15,000+?

What does your insurance company tell you?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That really sucks. But somebody here telling you it shouldā€˜t take that long wonā€™t help the situation.

KneelB4Zod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 BMW 535i; 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
My back door got crunched in a hit-and-run and from the time of the accident to the actual repair, paint and drive home date (and this was jus a door, nothing else) it took approximately 6 months. So yeah, replacement parts for brand new cars like these are taking forever to get.

OP
OP
areda11

areda11

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
none
Country flag
None of us run a body shop, nor know your body shop. Your damage looks pretty extensive. I suspect the estimate is around $15,000+?

What does your insurance company tell you?
Actually was pretty surprised as it was $8,000.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
You just have to stay on your body shop. My old Premium was in for the front end and they just don't stay on top of their Ford parts guy checking stock. The order it and forget it doesn't really work right now and so many body shops have a lot of cars waiting for parts so it really is easy for them to not stay on top of your car.

Make sure they call other Ford dealers. The dealer they order through can help them out with an inventory list of dealers that might have the part in stock. That's obviously a tricky part of a dealer to just keep on the shelf, but you really never know a circumstance that could have caused them to do so.

My dealer kept saying months out on a part and I kept calling every few days asking if they've been working through other dealers. They finally found the part after 2 weeks of me pestering them at a dealer out of state, when the part was still on backorder through Ford direct.

OP
OP
areda11

areda11

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
none
Country flag
You just have to stay on your body shop. My old Premium was in for the front end and they just don't stay on top of their Ford parts guy checking stock. The order it and forget it doesn't really work right now and so many body shops have a lot of cars waiting for parts so it really is easy for them to not stay on top of your car.

Make sure they call other Ford dealers. The dealer they order through can help them out with an inventory list of dealers that might have the part in stock. That's obviously a tricky part of a dealer to just keep on the shelf, but you really never know a circumstance that could have caused them to do so.

My dealer kept saying months out on a part and I kept calling every few days asking if they've been working through other dealers. They finally found the part after 2 weeks of me pestering them at a dealer out of state, when the part was still on backorder through Ford direct.
Thanks so much for this. My body shop is a Ford dealership that has a body shop as well, would it be good to ask if they can reach out to other dealers for the part as well? Itā€™s a door frame so it doesnā€™t seem like something they would just have, but maybe worth asking?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thanks so much for this. My body shop is a Ford dealership that has a body shop as well, would it be good to ask if they can reach out to other dealers for the part as well? Itā€™s a door frame so it doesnā€™t seem like something they would just have, but maybe worth asking?
Yes, definitely still ask them to check inventory. I'd also get the part number and call a few dealerships, preferably a really, really large one, and give their parts guy the number and ask him what the current lead time is to see if it matches up.

OP
OP
areda11

areda11

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
none
Country flag
Yes, definitely still ask them to check inventory. I'd also get the part number and call a few dealerships, preferably a really, really large one, and give their parts guy the number and ask him what the current lead time is to see if it matches up.
Sounds good, will do! Thank you so much!
Sponsored