Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I got into a 'minor' fender bender in mid September. The left rear corner of the car, bumper and wheel well we're damaged, including the rear blind side sensor bracket. It's now about two months into the process and I still don't have my car back. They've had three different rounds of parts ordering each taking 2-3 weeks. When you look at the vehicle you can hardly tell anything happened yet it will probably be over $3k to repair.

Motto of this story: Hope and pray you don't need servicing on this vehicle, or any other vehicle from Ford.
Sponsored

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Motto of this story: Hope and pray you don't need servicing on this vehicle, or any other vehicle from Ford.
First year of production woes. We had a '08 Clubman (first year of production for the Clubbie) that was wacked in February '09. We didn't get that car back until June.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I mean a huge part of this is parts shortage issues. This is not just the Mach-E or Ford this is everything...

OP
OP

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I mean a huge part of this is parts shortage issues. This is not just the Mach-E or Ford this is everything...
Yes. And our body shop says that Ford and Honda are the worst for that. I can imagine that companies that aggressively pursued 'just in time' ordering are the ones most affected. And as previously mentioned they're having problems making new cars because of parts - and that likely has first priority.

OP
OP

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Just found out that the part we waited 3 weeks for and was installed is defective. Nightmare but what can you do. I posted this not to complain so much as to inform others facing repairs what they are facing. I'm sure they're lots of other folks who have done that as well.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Just my tailgate issue which will require a new tailgate and a new bumper cover (none of the electronics or lights were damaged and they’ll be pulled from the old one and put into the new one, and the estimate from the insurance company is more than $4300. I mean, yikes. It was a 2 mph accident.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
My 2019 Edge ST was on a 3 month hold, back in June, while waiting for new rear bumper cover and hatch. And the first hatched showed up damaged from transit. 3 months wait for parts, 2 weeks for entire repair.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I had a front bumper fender bender, 3 weeks total time. All parts that said backordered with no ETA from Ford, came in about 3 to 4 days each time lol. My body shop said EVERYONE is hit the same. It all depends on the part that you end up needing. Wiring harness and headlights were the most backordered for my car.

Your service place should be calling dealers too and getting a printout of dealers that have it in stock. Mine did that for a part as it would have taken a bit longer from Ford.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks this is a Ford thing. Its a 100% every manufacturer thing.

jnthn98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I got rear ended in July in a parking lot. Minor accident. Parts took 3 weeks. It felt long, but considered myself in a lucky situation after hearing horror stories. My body shop said parts shortage affects all brands right now. None of the electronics were broken, but they had to replace more parts than it appears (i.e. rear impact bar that is behind the bumper). One of the parts that I had to wait for was the rear pony emblem. I don't think it was damaged, but it had to be removed (cannot be reused) to repaint the tailgate.

Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
First year of production woes. We had a '08 Clubman (first year of production for the Clubbie) that was wacked in February '09. We didn't get that car back until June.

Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I got into a 'minor' fender bender in mid September. The left rear corner of the car, bumper and wheel well we're damaged, including the rear blind side sensor bracket. It's now about two months into the process and I still don't have my car back. They've had three different rounds of parts ordering each taking 2-3 weeks. When you look at the vehicle you can hardly tell anything happened yet it will probably be over $3k to repair.

Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Try contacting Ford in the help section of the Ford pass app. We had to have the front facia replaced along with the sensors . After waiting 2 months I decided to initiate the chat with Ford . They assigned a case # after gave them the Vin. They called the Ford body shop and expedited the parts delivery in 2 weeks the car was finished also they kept me in the loop though the whole process .

Good luck

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I got rear ended in July in a parking lot. Minor accident. Parts took 3 weeks. It felt long, but considered myself in a lucky situation after hearing horror stories. My body shop said parts shortage affects all brands right now. None of the electronics were broken, but they had to replace more parts than it appears (i.e. rear impact bar that is behind the bumper). One of the parts that I had to wait for was the rear pony emblem. I don't think it was damaged, but it had to be removed (cannot be reused) to repaint the tailgate.
Interesting. My liftgate had to be repainted after a minor mishap. They had no problem removing the pony and reinstalling it.

jnthn98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Interesting. My liftgate had to be repainted after a minor mishap. They had no problem removing the pony and reinstalling it.
I guess the body shop didn't want to take a chance. If the emblem bends a little, it may not be put back perfectly. I rather them not take a chance. It was paid for by the other party's insurance. On another note, I am glad I had front and rear dash cams. Makes situations like this easier to deal with, even though it took months. Could of been worst if I didn't have a camera.
Sponsored