Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Went for the drive today. I stopped after about 40 miles parked and turned the car off. When I open the door it was beeping like something was still on. BUt I got no indication something was. THe screens were dark. When I walked away the mirrors would not turn to indicate I am walking away. I got the Keyfob and physicailly turned on the alarm. the mirrors turned but the lights of the car did not turn off. I think they eventually turn off but it was not acting like this before. I dont think just wondering i this is normal behavior.
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Went for the drive today. I stopped after about 40 miles parked and turned the car off. When I open the door it was beeping like something was still on. BUt I got no indication something was. THe screens were dark. When I walked away the mirrors would not turn to indicate I am walking away. I got the Keyfob and physicailly turned on the alarm. the mirrors turned but the lights of the car did not turn off. I think they eventually turn off but it was not acting like this before. I dont think just wondering i this is normal behavior.
I'm sure you're not doing this, but something I noticed on my overnite demo of the mach-e. When you stop the car, put it in park, your foot HAS to be off the brake when shutting it down otherwise, the acc. stay powered on. THis is differeny from our current gas cars. where you press the brake and press the stop/start but at the end of a drive.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Lights set to “on” vs auto?
I will check tomorrow, it just did something different from what I was used too. Lights did not sue to stay on for five minutes or so. It eventually all turns off.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I will check tomorrow, it just did something different from what I was used too. Lights did not sue to stay on for five minutes or so. It eventually all turns off.
Well, not sure what happened but the lights switched from auto mode to just on. Maybe I bumped the swtich. But the car is acting normal again. WOudl have been nice for the car to tell me , lights are on.

SpaceNeedle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for posting this. Had the same thing happen today--lots of beeping with no indication of what it was on the screen. I just turned the headlights from on to auto and it stopped. Don't recall touching the lights at all since I got the vehicle. Anyway--problem solved!
Sponsored