Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Grant officer
Country flag
Door modules have their own backup power and will open after two button presses if the vehicle state was last unlocked.
My doors didn't work that way. They were unlocked when I switched places from passenger princess to driver queen. Both doors locked and no lights were lit up on the keypad.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Just kidding. Got to work this morning same issue now. Husband heading to jump me and then taking it to the dealership.
Hello there. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the dealer you are working with? I would like to take a closer look at your Mach-E's lack/loss of power issue on my end.

sshadow3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Standard
Wondering if this is happening to other people in the last month?

I've had 2 issues with my 12V battery in the past month. First time I got the Stop Safely Soon warning after starting my car in the driveway. Had the same issues and I got locked out because I didn't turn walk away lock off. Had to listen to the thumping from outside my car. Thanks to the same YouTube video already shared, I was able to get my frunk open, doors unlocked, and the car started. Took it in to get looked at by the dealership and they said it was a communication issue but shouldn't happen again.

This weekend, I had the powertrain update that had been downloaded but wasn't auto installing. I drove to my daughters basketball game and decided to manually start the update because it should work, right? Came back to my car and couldn't unlock the doors. Checked the FordPass app and saw that an alarm was triggered but I'm pretty sure no one opened the doors. Rather than wait 2 and a half hours in the cold for a tow truck, I had to call my wife to bring jumper cables so I could jump start the frunk and car again.

Not sure if it's an update that's causing it or over time my 12V battery is degrading. I already had a maintenance appointment scheduled for tomorrow but now I asked to look at the 12v battery and connections..

Never had any problems since I got this car in August 2021... but 2 12V related issues in the last month is super frustrating. Especially when you can't even get into the car to sit and wait for a tow truck to come.

OP
OP
rystam07

rystam07

First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Grant officer
Country flag
Wondering if this is happening to other people in the last month?

I've had 2 issues with my 12V battery in the past month. First time I got the Stop Safely Soon warning after starting my car in the driveway. Had the same issues and I got locked out because I didn't turn walk away lock off. Had to listen to the thumping from outside my car. Thanks to the same YouTube video already shared, I was able to get my frunk open, doors unlocked, and the car started. Took it in to get looked at by the dealership and they said it was a communication issue but shouldn't happen again.

This weekend, I had the powertrain update that had been downloaded but wasn't auto installing. I drove to my daughters basketball game and decided to manually start the update because it should work, right? Came back to my car and couldn't unlock the doors. Checked the FordPass app and saw that an alarm was triggered but I'm pretty sure no one opened the doors. Rather than wait 2 and a half hours in the cold for a tow truck, I had to call my wife to bring jumper cables so I could jump start the frunk and car again.

Not sure if it's an update that's causing it or over time my 12V battery is degrading. I already had a maintenance appointment scheduled for tomorrow but now I asked to look at the 12v battery and connections..

Never had any problems since I got this car in August 2021... but 2 12V related issues in the last month is super frustrating. Especially when you can't even get into the car to sit and wait for a tow truck to come.
That thumping is scary! I had no idea what in the world was going on. Everyone at Lowe's parking lot was looking at is. I didn't get the Stop Safely Soon warning or any of the updates. At work yesterday I got the "alarm was triggered" notification on the app but car alarm wasn't going off... but car was dead.

OP
OP
rystam07

rystam07

First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Grant officer
Country flag
Just an odd question - did they even send a tow truck or just a van that attempted a jump?
Just the van. They said none of their guys would tow it. So we told them to leave and called another tow company instead of going through insurance. However; my husband was able to jump it with his F-150 so we canceled it. It died at work yesterday so husband jumped me and we took it to the dealership.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just the van. They said none of their guys would tow it. So we told them to leave and called another tow company instead of going through insurance. However; my husband was able to jump it with his F-150 so we canceled it. It died at work yesterday so husband jumped me and we took it to the dealership.
Hopefully just a bad 12 V battery and not something more serious.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
Not sure what the amperage/voltage needed to pop the frunk via the access port, but Ford should consider a USB-C connector as well in the future, as a lot of people have spare batteries for their phones/tablets/laptops.

I am just not sure those would deliver enough power to actually pop the frunk.

sshadow3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Standard
That thumping is scary! I had no idea what in the world was going on. Everyone at Lowe's parking lot was looking at is. I didn't get the Stop Safely Soon warning or any of the updates. At work yesterday I got the "alarm was triggered" notification on the app but car alarm wasn't going off... but car was dead.
That thumping is definitely scary! It sounds and feels like ticking before a bomb is about to go off lol

When I ran into problems, I called Ford Assistance and they were good about sending out a tow truck company that was familiar with working with the Mach E. Ford Canada actually called to follow up on my case a few days later and with this situation happening again, I reached out and reopened the case. So calling them was definitely better than just calling a towing company.

OP
OP
rystam07

rystam07

First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Grant officer
Country flag
That thumping is definitely scary! It sounds and feels like ticking before a bomb is about to go off lol

When I ran into problems, I called Ford Assistance and they were good about sending out a tow truck company that was familiar with working with the Mach E. Ford Canada actually called to follow up on my case a few days later and with this situation happening again, I reached out and reopened the case. So calling them was definitely better than just calling a towing company.
It absolutely sounded like a bomb lol! I actually did the Ford Assistance and they sent the sketchy Roadside Assistance. They weren't open so I wasn't able to actually speak to someone but requested it through the app.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So you definitely need some software updates in addition to the 12V battery. The old software will trigger false alarm notifications. They need to update your powertrain software (PCM, etc), your body control module (BCM), and your door modules bare minimum. Ideally they should update everything on your car to get you caught up.

If you haven't yet, be sure to make a case with Ford about this, so they can assist the dealer with the proper software updates. Make sure you verify the software was updated when you get it back so it doesn't happen again.
Sponsored