Going downhill- car won’t start

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Soooo, I went up mount Washington, NH with 60%charge. Going downhill I put it on low gear (L) with one pedal drive on. The car shit down giving me all sorts of errors that we all heard of. I managed to turn it back on 5 minutes later using Ford pass app.

I’m almost 75% down and it did it again, except this time I have a flashing “P” on the gear that won’t turn off even if I switch the vehicle off. The fans have been on non stop.

I’m definitely not out of battery, and I don’t know what to do! Help?!

image.jpg
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Soooo, I went up mount Washington, NH with 60%charge. Going downhill I put it on low gear (L) with one pedal drive on. The car shit down giving me all sorts of errors that we all heard of. I managed to turn it back on 5 minutes later using Ford pass app.

I’m almost 75% down and it did it again, except this time I have a flashing “P” on the gear that won’t turn off even if I switch the vehicle off. The fans have been on non stop.

I’m definitely not out of battery, and I don’t know what to do! Help?!
Ouch, I’m not sure I would have chosen to use low but maybe you over heated the brakes?

what current errors are the MME tossing at you?

OP
OP

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I wasn’t on low gear initially. Then when it turned off I thought I had to be on low gear. But it happened again. So maybe that’s not the cause. ??‍♂

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Low is exactly the same as standard drive when you have One Pedal Driving enabled.

We've seen a couple other reports like yours on the forum. I'm wondering if the vehicle failed to charge the low voltage battery during your long descent, and all the systems that run on LV are failing as a result. But this is just a wild guess... I'm not sure we ever found out the root cause in the other incidents. :(

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
One further thing to try is to turn off the vehicle and open/shut the door. Wait at least 15 minutes for the computers to "sleep" before trying to start it again. Maybe this will reset something.

Alternatively, disconnect the 12V battery for a few minutes. Here are the steps:
  1. Key off your vehicle.
  1. Open the hood.
  1. Remove inner luggage compartment shields. See Installing and Removing the Luggage Compartment Cover.
  1. Open the low voltage service disconnect.
imagen2.jpg

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Looks like you are in or were in LOW. I suggest turn the car off for a while and let it cool down. But posting real-time is difficult so hopefully by now you got it going.

OP
OP

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Unfortunately, I’m in an area with no reception. I was connected to the WiFi but I definitely drained my low voltage battery as it completely turned off. Took me a while to figure out how to access the low voltage battery (it’s hysterical that it can’t be charged from the main battery).

I’m walking downhill (1 mile left) and got some reception to post here. I’m going to try and jump start it when I get help, and see where this is going.

I appreciate you all!

OP
OP

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Assuming you already are in Park... You may still need to reset the modules by disconnecting 12V power for a few minutes. Or you may need a flat bed tow. :(
The park light isn’t even turned on anymore. I can’t shift gears at all. Flat bed it is. Lesson learnt!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag