CarPlay keeps disconnecting

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Been driving me crazy the last few weeks.

About half the time I drive my car, CarPlay connects, then disconnects. Then as long as I keep driving, I keep getting “iPhone disconnected” messages every couple minute then “car not connected to CarPlay…..”

The iPhone is connected because phone calls etc work and PAAK works. Any thoughts?

Here are the error messages:
Ford Mustang Mach-E CarPlay keeps disconnecting D8A16353-D85C-434F-994E-F4DBB910D637

Here is at the same time showing phone connected:
Ford Mustang Mach-E CarPlay keeps disconnecting 652F88ED-72FB-4FFB-85FB-EEE0DFCD9606

If I go through the menu to connect CarPlay……. Still doesn’t connect. iPhone 13.

And the next time I drive? No issues.

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
I have also recently started getting CarPlay disconnects. But mine happen at the same spot on my drive to work every day. On Hwy 75 in Richardson, TX in front of the old Nortel building. Hasn’t always done that, just started recently. Curious if any other North Dallas MME owners see the same consistent dropout in that area.

reeflife

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
I have been reporting this for 2 weeks. Today It didn’t want to connect at all. I restarted phone didn’t work. Turn Bluetooth off and then on. Didn’t work. Tried turning the projector on and off and that didn’t work. Tried turning car off and open door for 30 secs. Didn’t work! I finally gave and had to reset to get to work.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

About half the time I drive my car, CarPlay connects, then disconnects. Then as long as I keep driving, I keep getting “iPhone disconnected” messages every couple minute then “car not connected to CarPlay…..”

The iPhone is connected because phone calls etc work and PAAK works. Any thoughts?

Ford Mustang Mach-E CarPlay keeps disconnecting 652F88ED-72FB-4FFB-85FB-EEE0DFCD9606

If I go through the menu to connect CarPlay……. Still doesn’t connect. iPhone 13.

Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this CarPlay concern. Thanks!

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Phone connectivity has been wildly unreliable lately. I'd say I'm down to about 50% chance that my phone will even connect, let alone connect and start carplay. Sometimes choosing the "connect" button works, sometimes not. Sometimes it instantly connects and starts carplay. Most of the time I end up restarting sync - I feel like I'm going to wear out the down and next track buttons lol
Such a PITA.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Phone connectivity has been wildly unreliable lately. I'd say I'm down to about 50% chance that my phone will even connect, let alone connect and start carplay. Sometimes choosing the "connect" button works, sometimes not. Sometimes it instantly connects and starts carplay. Most of the time I end up restarting sync - I feel like I'm going to wear out the down and next track buttons lol
Such a PITA.
I don't use CarPlay but I am having the same type of issue getting my android to connect to sync. About half the time it works automatically and the other half I have to press the connect button. Sometimes the connection drops while driving and I have to reconnect along the way.

The only solution I have found that helps is to reboot sync every morning. When I do that, then my profile loads correctly and the phone connects most of the time. Phone still flaky but it does help to reboot sync. I have rebooted sync more times this week than the previous 20 months combined.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
Also crappy is that if you switch from bluetooth one day to usb connection the next day or trip, the phone is not auto-recognized. Despite name of phone being listed. Need to punch thru a few menu choices. Ridiculous.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Such a PITA.
PITAis an understatement. Rebooting sync has yet to fix the CarPlay issues even a single time for me.

Last edited:

ZoNiE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Rav4 EV, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We see this too. Annoying.

On another note, Ours used to lose connection near some homes (alarm or cameras?). It just went to the dealer for a mechanical repair for the main contactor (unrelated) and came back with this issue resolved as well. Looks like they found it and fixed it, so maybe your reported issue is being worked on too. (ours still does that)

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Same issues after the latest updates with Android Auto. It seemed to be working fairly well before then. I've started plugging in with the usb cable but now that has started disconnecting frequently. Need to try replacing the cable to see if that is the issue there. But wireless won't stay connected for more than about 5 seconds if at all.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I had this exact problem for weeks. When I took the car in for its 10,000 mile service two weeks ago, one of the service guys re-paired my phone to the car and this problem disappeared.