Center Console Organizer?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I will have to look at this. I have to admit, the center console is in my top 5 annoyances with this car. I lump in the concerns that I have with the raised arm rest with my issues with the console. I would much rather have the arm rest simply be a hinged lid/cover to a larger center console. The raised arm rest creaks constantly for me these days and it is really just annoying to deal with that on top of the relatively small console storage with the sliding cover that sometimes gets stuck on things and I have to force it open.
Sponsored

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
is it easy to lift up the organizer?
Fairly easy to lift out. I just keep stuff I don't use that often underneath, and stuff I don't want seen ;) If you got pulled over and they looked in the console, it really doesn't look like it lifts out.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Fairly easy to lift out. I just keep stuff I don't use that often underneath, and stuff I don't want seen ;) If you got pulled over and they looked in the console, it really doesn't look like it lifts out.
How much space is below the organizer? How many inches above the bottom of the storage space?

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
How much space is below the organizer? How many inches above the bottom of the storage space?
Id say its about 1-2". I thought it would lay flat and ordered it before i saw people say it doesnt. Im going to keep it anyway. Just seems like wasted space, sure you can hide things under there(if you remember its there!), but its not easy to get to.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/aosk-mach-e-middle-console-organizer.10220/

This might be what you are looking for, and we ship them fast, usually will arrive within 7 business days
Got mine yesterday. Took 10 days from order to delivery.

There is a good 2" under this unit to store stuff. As others have indicated, I also put stuff under that I don't need quick access to, but wanted to keep in the car. Like it so far. Appreciate that it has a coin holder. Will hold about $12 in quarters. Worth the $18 to me.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Off topic, but you missed the step where the cop gets a search warrant first. If the police ever ask to search my vehicle, the answer is NO. (My father-in-law is a lawyer and threatened to disown me if I ever submitted to a search lol)

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Off topic, but you missed the step where the cop gets a search warrant first. If the police ever ask to search my vehicle, the answer is NO. (My father-in-law is a lawyer and threatened to disown me if I ever submitted to a search lol)
Haha, yeah thanks for that. I've never even gotten a ticket and I'm 43....However I feel things might change with this car. My previous volvos and subaru outback and crosstrek weren't the ticket grabbers.

Off topic, for me this car was actually cheaper to insure than my Subaru Crosstrek plug in hybrid. I was shocked.

TuxToaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
There is 3" of space below the organizer, with slightly more towards the back where the organizer is a bit shallower.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Center Console Organizer? IMG_20211104_095458
Ford Mustang Mach-E Center Console Organizer? IMG_20211104_095413

The top edge sits at 5 1/4" consistently from front to back, which leaves 3" under most of it but near the back it appears to be closer to 4".

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Haha, yeah thanks for that. I've never even gotten a ticket and I'm 43....However I feel things might change with this car. My previous volvos and subaru outback and crosstrek weren't the ticket grabbers.

Off topic, for me this car was actually cheaper to insure than my Subaru Crosstrek plug in hybrid. I was shocked.
I'm 43 too and never had a ticket either, *knocks on wood*. My GT is kind of an attention getter with the sound, but it's silver. Hmmm my MME is going to be "Grabber" blue so it might pull a little attention but I doubt cops will look for a crossover SUV like they might a GT.
As far as insurance goes, that's good to hear. I haven't talked with my agent about it yet but I'm hoping it will be cheaper than the GT.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I will have to look at this. I have to admit, the center console is in my top 5 annoyances with this car. I lump in the concerns that I have with the raised arm rest with my issues with the console. I would much rather have the arm rest simply be a hinged lid/cover to a larger center console. The raised arm rest creaks constantly for me these days and it is really just annoying to deal with that on top of the relatively small console storage with the sliding cover that sometimes gets stuck on things and I have to force it open.
I agree. Seems like they went out of their way to re-design this to be inferior to the standard design that has worked well for decades.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Received mine a couple of days ago . . . installed easy and seems to fit well. It is a little odd that there is so much usable space beneath the organizer. I did put stuff I will rarely use there, but it will be a pain to get at, having to remove the organizer and then put back in.
That being said, I do like the way the organizer is set up and will continue to use.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Received mine a couple of days ago . . . installed easy and seems to fit well. It is a little odd that there is so much usable space beneath the organizer. I did put stuff I will rarely use there, but it will be a pain to get at, having to remove the organizer and then put back in.
That being said, I do like the way the organizer is set up and will continue to use.
My 2009 Edge came from Ford with a false bottom in the center console. So, it's really a thing. I like it because I put items in there that will be useful but are hard to get to. For example, I keep some emergency cash in there. I keep keys to my office building and my office itself in there, something I only needed once in 20 years but when I needed it, I really needed it. You could put a fob in there.
Sponsored