Charge Fault Error - Car Stops Charging

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
they did not even attempt to give me any suggestions to try to determine if it is the car or the charger.
Take your car to a public L2 charger. Plug it in and see if it chargers or not. If not, it’s almost certainly the car. If it does charge, it’s the charger you’re using or the wall outlet. Try using the mobile charger and see if that works off the same outlet your evse uses.

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
I posted about this a couple of months ago. I had been using a Levitron 40A and it started giving me charge errors every time I plugged it in after like 2-5 mins. I switched to the Ford charger and so far no problems. I also charge at work on a ChargePoint 6.2Kw charger without any issues.

I would echo the advice from others, reduce your charge amperage to 32A or 28A and it seems to work fine. What is weird is my 40A charger worked fine for the first two months I had the car, July&August. So I suspect it was some upgrade that messed it up.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I also had my first charge fault (in 12k miles) two days after getting the heater update this week, and today my car started charging a full 7 hours after my scheduled time (but no errors). Seems fishy to me.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi Ed. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Supplied charger can't be used in the summer since its faults when garage temp hits 80. I talked with dealer and wanted next leave car there in a a.c. garage for a day to see if it defaults. He has no testing that can determine its the charger is defected. Real help. Maybe Ford can develop one or just replace my one yr old charger.

jdofter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium
Country flag
Yeah I'd need to know about when the error occurred, otherwise bump it up to 48A so it happens again, drive the car around for 5+ minutes, and send me your VIN. Port overheating would be my guess but we can see.

fg78nc

First Name
Farid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
After successfully charging since Dec 2022 for 2100+ miles I got same error yesterday.
ChargePoint EVSE, 40amp - stopped charging after 15 min and reported "Charge Fault - Ford has unexpectedly stopped charging ..."
Retried - it did not work. Charge port indicator light was amber.
Retried again with the supplied Ford charge from 110V - It started, but reported shortly "Charging paused" - WHY ? :)

I tested same ChargePoint EVSE with another vehicle - worked fine.
Slept over it, tried again with ChargePoint and it worked.
Nevertheless scheduled service appointment (available slot for my preferred dealer is after 45 days - not so good experience, although dealer responded quickly, called back and emailed me following up on web form submission) - will update.
DM-d Ford Motor Company user on this forum (obtained from other conversations) and got service ticket created - pleased with prompt response - good experience.
Sponsored

Reactions: bcb