First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
'22 Premium SR, just over 15k miles
Got a charge fault this morning (use the mobile charger, fault was on the car not the charger), solid red ring, when the car was plugged in after short drive. Unplugged, then started the car to see if there were any other errors/warnings. Nothing was showing as out of the ordinary.
As the car was running I plugged the charger in and the car is now charging without any faults.
Turned the car off and it continues to charge without any errors, very odd.

I have service scheduled for tomorrow to at least see if there are any faults detected with their equipment.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
'22 Premium SR, just over 15k miles
Got a charge fault this morning (use the mobile charger, fault was on the car not the charger), solid red ring, when the car was plugged in after short drive. Unplugged, then started the car to see if there were any other errors/warnings. Nothing was showing as out of the ordinary.
As the car was running I plugged the charger in and the car is now charging without any faults.
Turned the car off and it continues to charge without any errors, very odd.

I have service scheduled for tomorrow to at least see if there are any faults detected with their equipment.
Possible that the plug wasnā€™t in the whole way. Which EVSE are you using? Thereā€™s known issues with the Ford mobile charger too.

OP
OP

Hazmat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Possible that the plug wasnā€™t in the whole way. Which EVSE are you using? Thereā€™s known issues with the Ford mobile charger too.
Ya, I reseeded the charger several times, it was plugged in all the way. It is the Portable charger that comes with the car, but the fault was on the car's chargport not the charger itself.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Ya, I reseeded the charger several times, it was plugged in all the way. It is the Portable charger that comes with the car, but the fault was on the car's chargport not the charger itself.
I would probably get a more permanent EVSE installed, there's known issues with the Ford Mobile one, even though it didn't show a fault on the device itself. Better to rule it out.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
I have seen it several times that it can get stuck in a state where it cannot charge (red ring persist), mostly on DC, and shopping and or starting seems to reset the charging modules to get it unstuck. Probably related to stuck isolation fault which needs the contactors to turn on/off to detect it is no longer present I think

Taekwonmoe

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Occupation
Animator
Country flag
My Mustang red rings when I try to plug it in at home. I thought it was my charger at home. Took it to a fast charger and it worked fine. Took a trip and at the hotel, their level 2 charger red ringed as well. So I have a car that won't charge on level 2 but does fine with Fast charging. This occured after either update 3.6.1 or 3.6.2, they were back to back so can't really know which did this. Everything worked fine before these updates. (Also my girlfriend chargers her Hyundai just fine with it still.) Anyone have suggestions? It's at the Ford dealership this morning and they looked at me like I have no idea what I am talking about. :(

Didn't try to plug in when the car was running, that is interesting though.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My Mustang red rings when I try to plug it in at home. I thought it was my charger at home. Took it to a fast charger and it worked fine. Took a trip and at the hotel, their level 2 charger red ringed as well. So I have a car that won't charge on level 2 but does fine with Fast charging. This occured after either update 3.6.1 or 3.6.2, they were back to back so can't really know which did this. Everything worked fine before these updates. (Also my girlfriend chargers her Hyundai just fine with it still.) Anyone have suggestions? It's at the Ford dealership this morning and they looked at me like I have no idea what I am talking about. :(

Didn't try to plug in when the car was running, that is interesting though.
Hi Donny! I can look into your Mach-E's charger concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?

Taekwonmoe

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Occupation
Animator
Country flag
Hi Donny! I can look into your Mach-E's charger concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?
Not to be paranoid but is this legit? Has anyone else followed up with a message like this? lol. Just want to make sure it's legit and safe. And I could also use all the help I can get, I have had issues with this place before. Nothing too bad, just not very knowledgeable over there at times.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not to be paranoid but is this legit? Has anyone else followed up with a message like this? lol. Just want to make sure it's legit and safe. And I could also use all the help I can get, I have had issues with this place before. Nothing too bad, just not very knowledgeable over there at times.
That is the actual Ford Motor account on here. Legitimate.

Taekwonmoe

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Occupation
Animator
Country flag
So tomorrow will be two weeks that my car has been in the shop. I got a message from my car this morning saying there was another charge fault at the dealership. Looks like I am not picking my car up today. They have done all the required updates and are trying to tell me they replaced something. A harness? He said he would explain more tomorrow, but I am not sure he knows what is going on, but I hope the person actually fixing my car does? I saw on another forum about replacing the SOBDM and that fixing the issue. I am bringing this up next time he calls me. I tried calling but keep getting voice mail....ugh.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
I have for the most part never seen the red ring charge fault, there was one day though where I had a hard time getting it to charge (I believe I was on 3.x software).
Since then I have gotten the 4.x updates and didnt have issues with those level 2 chargers anymore (so far).
Sponsored