Charge History nonsense

Mooseo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RWD Premium
Looking through my charge History and realize it makes no sense. For example, started charge May 4 at 21:08, claims it finished May 4 at 10:33. That's a neat trick to be done before it even starts.

Less amusing is that if says it added 136 kWh to add 29%.

Not an isolated incident. Just assumes it's still adding juice even after it hits the charge target until it's unplugged.

Not sure if this is related to the new app, or the error is in
the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge History nonsense 1000040780
Sponsored

thecodingart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid AGT, Mach-e
Occupation
Former Platform Software Engineer Lead - @Ford on FordPass
Country flag
Looking through my charge History and realize it makes no sense. For example, started charge May 4 at 21:08, claims it finished May 4 at 10:33. That's a neat trick to be done before it even starts.

Not an isolated incident. Just assumes it's still adding juice even after it hits the charge target until it's unplugged.

the car.

Looks like the Android app isn’t handling some date/calendar/locale stuff correctly.

Definitely report it to Ford (I bet you the iOS app is right ;))

OP
OP

Mooseo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RWD Premium
Looks like the Android app isn’t handling some date/calendar/locale stuff correctly.

Ok, thanks! So those calculations are in the app and not on the car?

I was really hoping the next update would allow me to arrive at my destination 8 hours before I left. I'd pay $80 a month for THAT feature

medriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ME
Country flag
it's because your car is not terminating the charge session. Yes it's stopped actively taking in charge but if you bother to check both your evse and car will be indicating they are in an active charge session (blinking blue on the car, and whatever it is your EVSE does) and your evse's relay has probably has not turned off and your fordpass app will indicate that its charging to 100% (but not really). It did this before the 5.0 update as well. It's the bug indicated in that TSB.

Homestead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E, F-350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Yes that part of it is correct on my iphone. But what it gets wrong is the expected completion time.
To be fair the old app did that too. It looks like it is predicting the time for 100% charge when it is only set to 80% charge level.

OP
OP

Mooseo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RWD Premium
it's because your car is not terminating the charge session. Yes it's stopped actively taking in charge but if you bother to check both your evse and car will be indicating they are in an active charge session (blinking blue on the car, and whatever it is your EVSE does) and your evse's relay has probably has not turned off and your fordpass app will indicate that its charging to 100% (but not really). It did this before the 5.0 update as well. It's the bug indicated in that TSB.
That makes sense. I seem to only get a "charge session complete" notification some of the time.

kzh_ca

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE '23

the car.

I posted a very similar observation w screenshots. Agreed that it’s definitely not a “keeps charging” bug. It’s a calculation issue.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fordpass-5-0-released.36219/page-18#post-803267

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be interesting to be able to download that info so it could be graphed to see long term history.
Sponsored