Chargepoint App and Fordpass

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
At home, I have a chargepoint charger I’ve setup in the Fordpass to charge max 90%.

at work, I have 4 chargepoint public chargers (2 stations) that provide 2 hrs free per day. I set in the Fordpass app for that station to max at 90% charge which I hit in 80 minutes, thinking it would shut off the chargepoint, but was wrong. It charged me that time I left it on after 2 hrs, then logging into the chargepoint app and manually turning it off there. These are less used stations, normally one space is always free, so happy to move out of the way when I have a meeting break.

TLDR: basically, do I need to manually stop the charge every time in the chargepoint app prior to the free two hrs passing? If I swung to the other station, wonder if I would get another 2 free hours.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Most stations require the charger to be put back on the cradle to stop charging you based on time. Mine at work will hit my limit and, even if I hit stop in their app, keep charging me until I walk down and return the handle to the cradle.

That’s pretty awesome if you can just stop it in the app, although it makes sense why this doesn’t always work - you’re still in the parking space preventing another from using it.

Yes, you should be able to move to another charger and get another 2 free hours. I’ve never been so lucky to have access to a free charger, even for a limited duration, but I wonder if it’s on a daily reset for that specific charger or if you can literally put your charger back and restart the session on the same one and get 2 hours again.

JLee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
You need to save the ChargePoint station at work as another charging location in your Ford App. (Under the Preferred Charge Times setting). Once the Ford App recognizes the location, you set max charge level for the location. It will stop charging once it charge to the desire setting.
Sponsored