Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Never had someone steal my actively charging car but today it happened. Some jerk Tesla driver pulled into the spot next to me walked over to my car took the plug and plugged in his car. (we have cameras in the lot).

I just happen to look at my ford pass app and noticed it was not charging. It is possible to enable a ford pass notification when charging is stopped or a charge fault occurs?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Never had someone steal my actively charging car but today it happened. Some jerk Tesla driver pulled into the spot next to me walked over to my car took the plug and plugged in his car. (we have cameras in the lot).

I just happen to look at my ford pass app and noticed it was not charging. It is possible to enable a ford pass notification when charging is stopped or a charge fault occurs?
Not unless it expects to be getting a charge and it's not. If they stopped the charge in the middle, that's a normal charge stop cause you gotta push the handle button to release the pin the tells it to stop charging.

OP
OP

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Not unless it expects to be getting a charge and it's not. If they stopped the charge in the middle, that's a normal charge stop cause you gotta push the handle button to release the pin the tells it to stop charging.
I know what you mean about pushing the button to stop but a simple push notification when charging starts\stop would be a nice option to have.
In a perfect world it would be nice to be able to enable\disable notifications on a location basis.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I know what you mean about pushing the button to stop but a simple push notification when charging starts\stop would be a nice option to have.
In a perfect world it would be nice to be able to enable\disable notifications on a location basis.
I see why your situation would be helpful to receive a notification, but I wouldn't want to receive any notification when it was *me* stopping the charge.

We already had a version of that with Securialert mode sending a push notification everytime a door was opened. It was not helpful.

Maybe there is a way to connect it to the PaaK sensor, and if the paired phone is within range while being unplugged, then do not send a notification on charge being stopped.

dimes4slim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium,18 Beetle Dune-now sold
Occupation
Retired Bean Counter
Country flag
Well, for some reason I ALWAYS get a notification when my car is unplugged, even by me in the garage. It is annoying when I have halted the charge through me FordPass app, then, whether it is minutes or hours later, I unplug the car and get a warning message within about 15 minutes that my car may have been accidentally unplugged. Is it a setting?

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I've definitely received an "accidental unplug" message from FordPass when some jerk decided his Mitsubishi i-Miev needed to use my plug to charge his car. There was definitely a delay between the unplug and the notification, so I'm wondering if the car is smart enough to detect that a fob or PaaK is in the vicinity so it doesn't send an alert if you're around.

OP
OP

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I see why your situation would be helpful to receive a notification, but I wouldn't want to receive any notification when it was *me* stopping the charge.

We already had a version of that with Securialert mode sending a push notification everytime a door was opened. It was not helpful.

Maybe there is a way to connect it to the PaaK sensor, and if the paired phone is within range while being unplugged, then do not send a notification on charge being stopped.
Now you are on to something. If connected to bluetooth don't notify.

I found the securialerts to be very useful when you take the car in for service. You can tell when they start working on it. I started doing this after I took it in once and a whole day went by and they didn't touch it.
Sponsored