Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Taurus, Explorer, Fusion and Focus
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi, Were new to the forum and just picked up our Mach E which so far has been a great purchase. We ran into a problem tonight trying to use and EVGO fast charger. Long story short tried everything we could think of including calling help number and having the charger reset by customer service only not to get any charge out of the EVGO. They told us that Mach e cars all have trouble using EVGO stations and that its an issue on the car side. Just looking for some help with this as to accuracy of the statement and are we doing something wrong?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If the charger is sn older model charger, regardless of who’s chain name is on it (EVGo, Greenlots etc), then there’s a good chance it’s incompatible with both the Mach-e and most every other newer designed BEV. This is particularly true of units manufactured by EFACEC. The problem isn’t the car, it’s these old and unsupported units.

Try To find a ElectrifyAmerica unit (EA) or a ChargePoint DCFC and see if those will work. If you still can’t DCFC, either you’re doing something wrong or the car needs an “adjustment.” There’s a fix for that via the dealer as well.

Last edited:

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Hi, Were new to the forum and just picked up our Mach E which so far has been a great purchase. We ran into a problem tonight trying to use and EVGO fast charger. Long story short tried everything we could think of including calling help number and having the charger reset by customer service only not to get any charge out of the EVGO. They told us that Mach e cars all have trouble using EVGO stations and that its an issue on the car side. Just looking for some help with this as to accuracy of the statement and are we doing something wrong?
Some of the older EVGo chargers are of a brand called “efacec.” They reportedly don’t work on MachE’s for some reason. I have experienced this. However, I have successfully charged on the newer EVGo’s.

OP
OP
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
WELL another new lesson for us. So stupid question is there a way to tell on the phone apps which chargers are newer vs older that wont work?

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
WELL another new lesson for us. So stupid question is there a way to tell on the phone apps which chargers are newer vs older that wont work?

We should all make sure we check in and note the failure to charge in PlugShare when this happens to help each other identify incompatible chargers for route planning

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
This EVGo type works with my Mach E. Not super speedy.

DB4CCEA2-DF31-44AC-B183-5D19331E08D4.jpeg

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Try using Plug Share (iPhone and Android app) for checking out the various possible DCFC along your route. Look at the pictures of the unit and see if they are labeled “EFACEC” (On the side or near the front top). The old EFACEC units are incompatible.

Also try reaching out to one of the geographical forums free (Northwest, DC. etc) and see what they’re using.

For route planning a program called ABRP or A Better Route Planner can help. If I had my druthers I’d only use EA chargers, but that’s not an option for me out here.

Try not to stress too much. Odds are extremely high you’re doing nothing wrong and the agent is only telling you what they’ve been told. Plug the car In when you get home, it’ll be fine. Then you’ll have time to research and learn. Oh, and have fun.

Last edited:

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I use PlugShare. When you select the particular charging location you can see the “Check-ins.” If you tap on “see all” you can scan down and look or any “red” comments which indicate that the charge session had problems. You can also see the make of the cars, so it’s easy to see if there are MachE’s charging or not charging. You can also look at the pictures posted.

OP
OP
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thank you for all the info. I’ve got the app installed so we will learn some more.

OP
OP
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So an update on this. We had the car at dealership this morning. They did an update and identified it as TSB222057a but I haven't been able to see anything on that particular update. Any information from anyone else who has had this done? Were planning a trip to buffalo from Albany NY and want to take the MME but I also don't want to deal with charging problems.

Aaron G

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E California Route 1
Occupation
Estate Manager
Country flag
Just picked up a 2022 California Route 1 Mach E and was unable to charge at the EVgo fast charger. I will try to make it to a different fast charger to see if they work.
In the meantime, does anyone have any news regarding this? Thanks
Sponsored