Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Used the EVgo chargers here in Nor Cal via RFID card without issue.
Sponsored

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
No they look like this, minus the logo

1643223546542.png
Same here with these chargers, Job 2 Mustang Mach E GT, I get "vehicle_jinsignal_removed" error in the lower left corner of the screen on the EVSE. I've tried three of these (2 in Charlotte, 1 in Cincinnati) and they've all failed with the same error.

EV Go went ahead and fixed the charging problem in San Diego, by only having 50 kW service, and yet charging $4.95 simply to interconnect, and per kW rates that are 50% higher than any other charger in town...hence, their utilization is next to nothing.
@Bjbjustin what did EVGo "fix"? Was it the EVSE Software, or something else?

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Same here with these chargers, Job 2 Mustang Mach E GT, I get "vehicle_jinsignal_removed" error in the lower left corner of the screen on the EVSE. I've tried three of these (2 in Charlotte, 1 in Cincinnati) and they've all failed with the same error.
I'm pretty sure that's the error I saw when I used to have that issue with Efacec.

I'm wondering why Ford is the one to have to update their vehicle than EVGo has to update their chargers? What's so different about the MME charging?
I think it may be a similar issue with the level 2 charging in homes within the ComEd service area (coincidentally, the area I'm in as well). I think the charging software must be too "sensitive" to particular parameters and errors out, thinking the charger is out of spec.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Looking back, it looks like TSB 21-2190 acknowledges/fixes this issue, but it's only applicable to cars built before May 2021. I have a super early build car (November 2020), so that definitely applied to me. I haven't come across any Delta chargers in my travels, so I can't say if I have issues there. So far Efacec, ABB, and Signet chargers work without issues for me.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Looking back, it looks like TSB 21-2190 acknowledges/fixes this issue, but it's only applicable to cars built before May 2021. I have a super early build car (November 2020), so that definitely applied to me. I haven't come across any Delta chargers in my travels, so I can't say if I have issues there. So far Efacec, ABB, and Signet chargers work without issues for me.
Someone on that reddit thread said EVGo support told them that you could filter which type of charger through the app, but I'm almost certain that was misinformation because I can't see any way to do that.

OP
OP

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's a Delta charger. We don't have Delta chargers here in IL, so I haven't tested that with the MME. However, if you haven't brought you car to a dealer for 21P22, I'd suggest doing that to get the latest OBCC code.
Thanks. This was post the 21P22 update to my vehicle and the dealer notes indicate they updated PCM, SOBDM, ABS, BECM, SOBDM B BCM, OBCC, DCM-E DCM-F DCM-G DCM-H RFA

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There are some really great new EVGo chargers that are very high power. I used a multi-network RFID card to start the charging session.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo IMG_9470

These SIGNET units near Jacksonville are listed as "Ultium Ready", which I assume means they can handle 800v charging.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo IMG_9471

They are definitely fast and peaked at over 150kW for the initial burst.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo IMG_9473

They also held at 45kW above 80% for Marlin with the new 21P22 software update
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo IMG_9476

In a nice environmental touch, they purchase renewable power for them.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo IMG_9472

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
There are some really great new EVGo chargers that are very high power. I used a multi-network RFID card to start the charging session.

These SIGNET units near Jacksonville are listed as "Ultium Ready", which I assume means they can handle 800v charging.

They are definitely fast and peaked at over 150kW for the initial burst.

They also held at 45kW above 80% for Marlin with the new 21P22 software update

In a nice environmental touch, they purchase renewable power for them.
Yep I got 164kw peak charging on Mario at Volusia Mall EVGo
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo tempImageWTBzcG

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
While I’ve been not so patiently waiting for EA to install a station in Johnson County, Kansas (the affluent and EV-laden western suburbs of KC), this company called EVGo went and put one in! And it’s an awesome location, too: the Oak Park Mall near the confluence of I-35 and I-69 highways. Perfect. This will finally allow me to drive directly from Wichita to KC along I-35!

PlugShare says there have been problems with the new station. If anyone in the area or passing through would test these out and report back, it would be much appreciated!

Oh, and supposedly Ford released some sort of software update that is supposed to fix the compatibility problems with the old 50kW Efacec units all around KC, but I’d appreciate confirmation of this, too.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There are some really great new EVGo chargers that are very high power. I used a multi-network RFID card to start the charging session....
Which multi-network RFID card?

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
While I’ve been not so patiently waiting for EA to install a station in Johnson County, Kansas (the affluent and EV-laden western suburbs of KC), this company called EVGo went and put one in! And it’s an awesome location, too: the Oak Park Mall near the confluence of I-35 and I-69 highways. Perfect. This will finally allow me to drive directly from Wichita to KC along I-35!

PlugShare says there have been problems with the new station. If anyone in the area or passing through would test these out and report back, it would be much appreciated!

Oh, and supposedly Ford released some sort of software update that is supposed to fix the compatibility problems with the old 50kW Efacec units all around KC, but I’d appreciate confirmation of this, too.
I tried to use a 50kw Evergy unit the other day in KC and it was out of order. So I’m 0/1 for DC fast charging so far.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've used 2 different EVGo stations in the Northern VA area. I used Plug & Charge through the FordPass app effortlessly.

Typically, I've seen these in banks of 4 and 6 around our area. Each EVSE is labeled with a nameplate, which you can see above the gray-bezeled screen area. Open the FordPass app, go to the Plug & Charge section, find the station on the list, and then match the EVSE name at your parked location to the app. Activate from the app and you're good to go.
You have me thoroughly confused. EVGo isn't part of Plug & Charge. So, am I just reading this wrong?

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
You have me thoroughly confused. EVGo isn't part of Plug & Charge. So, am I just reading this wrong?
You can start a charge with ford plug and charge on evgo, but it is not free.
I’ve had great success with evGo.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
You can start a charge with ford plug and charge on evgo, but it is not free.
I’ve had great success with evGo.
Ok but that's not Plug & Charge. That's plug, go into the app, select the charger, hit activate and pay through your Ford Account, which is just an "In-Network" charge. This would be identical to using the native EVGo app if you have it.

Plug & Charge is charging just by plugging in, no app needed. My confusion is because @connoisseurr is using EVGo and Plug & Charge in the same breath.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo 1643504018016

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Ok but that's not Plug & Charge. That's plug, go into the app, select the charger, hit activate and pay through your Ford Account, which is just an "In-Network" charge. This would be identical to using the native EVGo app if you have it.

Plug & Charge is charging just by plugging in, no app needed. My confusion is because @connoisseurr is using EVGo and Plug & Charge in the same breath.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging @ EVGo 1643504018016
He corrected himself earlier in the thread.