Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Focus ST
Occupation
Pirate
Country flag
I’ve recently become smitten with Mach ebut I was considering the explorer st for the larger size for my growing family.

my wife has a 3 row suv already so maybe something in the Mach e size is a better fit for me.

how do rear facing car seats fit in the Mach e? In my focus it’s a joke, the passenger seat has to be moved way forward.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reactions: smp

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
I’ve recently become smitten with Mach ebut I was considering the explorer st for the larger size for my growing family.

my wife has a 3 row suv already so maybe something in the Mach e size is a better fit for me.

how do rear facing car seats fit in the Mach e? In my focus it’s a joke, the passenger seat has to be moved way forward.
I downsized from an Explorer to the Mach E as our 'family car', and have zero regrets so far with a 2yo and a 6yo.

The "Search titles only" is key - I did a search as above, but without that check, and the post linked didn't even show up in the multitude of results pages.

OP
OP

Airwayspilot

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Focus ST
Occupation
Pirate
Country flag
I downsized from an Explorer to the Mach E as our 'family car', and have zero regrets so far with a 2yo and a 6yo.

The "Search titles only" is key - I did a search as above, but without that check, and the post linked didn't even show up in the multitude of results pages.
Thanks, do you think rear facing will fit okay? I’ve got a 2 and one on the way, won’t be with me as much as with my wife.
I will get the hang of the search with time, new here. Obviously.

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
OP
OP

Airwayspilot

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Focus ST
Occupation
Pirate
Country flag
Awesome, that’s great to hear. I don’t really want another 3 row. My normal driving rarely is more than 100 miles in a day. So a practical ev that can carry my kiddos comfortably seems like a good move.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

We have a convertible car seat currently rear facing in my MME. We have 2 separate car seats, and the one in my wife's car is nicer. They both fit well, but I will say my somewhat chunkier seat doesn't leave a ton of room between the top of the car door opening, and the top of the car seat armrest. I kind of have to lay my son on his back and slide him into the bucket.

On road trips we swap out to her car seat and it is MUCH easier to get him in that way. But either way, the passenger seat has more room in front of the car seat in comparison to my wife's Mazda CX-5.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
We have a convertible car seat currently rear facing in my MME. We have 2 separate car seats, and the one in my wife's car is nicer. They both fit well, but I will say my somewhat chunkier seat doesn't leave a ton of room between the top of the car door opening, and the top of the car seat armrest. I kind of have to lay my son on his back and slide him into the bucket.

On road trips we swap out to her car seat and it is MUCH easier to get him in that way. But either way, the passenger seat has more room in front of the car seat in comparison to my wife's Mazda CX-5.
Totally agree. My daughter has learned to lean back now when I pick her up to slide her in. Counting down the days until we can turn the seat around...

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I will try to get a picture with my car seat in my car tomorrow but my daughter is in a rear facing infant car seat (chicco brand) behind the passenger seat.
Now the seat is pulled up a little and the back is a little more upright than I prefer BUT I still can sit in the passenger seat and be comfortable. Now It will not fit behind my drivers seat setting but I have the seat all the way back and the back leaned back a little. It might be able to fit behind it with my wife's settings. I have never tested it either way my wife is very comfortable in the passenger seat.

We have zero issues getting the car seat in and out of the car as we do it pretty much every day. Heck of a lot easier than in my wife''s Santa Fe sport.
For height I am 6' 4" hence why I like my seats leaned back a little as that is what I am used to.

OP
OP

Airwayspilot

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Focus ST
Occupation
Pirate
Country flag
Thank you all. This is great information. I was concerned that given the "design" it would be tight with the car seats.
Sponsored