Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hello,

Has anyone developed these circles near the antennas? I noticed them today after having the car for 8 months, so I don't think they were there when it came home. They have a build up of material (rust maybe?) that I could wipe off with some effort, but there is still a white ring left behind.

Picture 1 was taken before I took some water and paper towel to it and Picture 2 is after.

I don't want to take anything more abrasive to it until I understand what it is? Does anyone know what they are or how they should be addressed?

Thank you in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
hqdefault.jpg

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
I was washing my car and I noticed the same circles. Here's a close up picture. It is on (or in) the surface. It's like pitting in the surface. You can feel it under your finger nail. I am wondering if Ford Used suction cups on the surface.

Did you ever find out what was going on? I have them on both sides. 2022 Premium.

I was at the dealer and a GT (w/ pano roof) had the same issue and one did not. The that did not looked like it had been inside the dealer ship. Maybe UV rays are adding to the issue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Circles near antenna 1661669555711

OP
OP
usmcsatcom

usmcsatcom

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was washing my car and I noticed the same circles. Here's a close up picture. It is on (or in) the surface. It's like pitting in the surface. You can feel it under your finger nail. I am wondering if Ford Used suction cups on the surface.

Did you ever find out what was going on? I have them on both sides. 2022 Premium.

I was at the dealer and a GT (w/ pano roof) had the same issue and one did not. The that did not looked like it had been inside the dealer ship. Maybe UV rays are adding to the issue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Circles near antenna 1661669555711
No info. Until you posted I didn't think anyone else had the issue. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
Dealership had on car with it and one without. They did seem interested to look into it, but gave me a customer service number At ford. I was going to contact them. I left the number at my office. Iā€™ll forward it to you when I get it

OP
OP
usmcsatcom

usmcsatcom

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Dealership had on car with it and one without. They did seem interested to look into it, but gave me a customer service number At ford. I was going to contact them. I left the number at my office. Iā€™ll forward it to you when I get it
That would be great! Thank you.

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My garage-kept 22 Premium has ā€˜em. Weird!​

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
That would be great! Thank you.
I called Ford customer service and they sad the dealer needs to open the case with Ford.

I then called my dealer and he agreed to order the part. If it comes in and doesnā€™t have the circles, then he will replace it on my car under warranty and work with Ford. Iā€™ll let you know how it works out.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I wonder if it is the same cause as what caused these:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Circles near antenna 1663933162996

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
My best "guess" is those are points where fasteners are located--possibly with two dissimilar metals. Two dissimilar metals very often, if not always, creates a point of electrolysis; thereby, causing corrosion which will bleed through the paint. However, I may be wrong.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Its odd but after reading this thread I went out and looked at my car. There are rings of dirt in those exact spots that stand out now that I know they are there. If I brush them away or wash the car I can't see anything but the dust seems to accumulate in a circle right in those two spots different that the rest of that area.

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
Sorry, itā€™s been a while on this one.
1) that piece is part of a much larger piece that extends under the glass roof. So replacing it is out of the question, unless you are replacing the glass.
2) the detail shop started buffing it out and it started reducing the circles, but it did not completely remove them. They didnā€™t want to get too aggressive because it is mostly plastic and they didnā€™t want to melt it.
3) no on sees it and it is cosmetic. Iā€™m not going to worry about It. Iā€™ll have them replace it if they every work on the glass roof.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Checked right now my car and found this circles as well. Who is interested I checked with metal and they are MAGNETS šŸ§².
ALERT: Do not try to buff this circles, microscopic metal particles will damage clear coating!
@Ford Motor Company it is not the best idea to use magnets under the paint. Do you know something about brakes dust and other metal pollutions in the air, especially on highways?
Sponsored

Last edited: