Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey , BMW 320i
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I live 30 miles from my job and there are no chargers there. There are, however, level 2 chargers in town about a mile away. It occurs to me that, on very cold winter days, I could plug in 10-15 minutes before heading home, not to charge the battery but to warm and condition it. Make any sense or a waste of time? Thanks.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I live 30 miles from my job and there are no chargers there. There are, however, level 2 chargers in town about a mile away. It occurs to me that, on very cold winter days, I could plug in 10-15 minutes before heading home, not to charge the battery but to warm and condition it. Make any sense or a waste of time? Thanks.
I'm assuming you're charging at home? I wouldn't worry about preconditioning at all with that short of a commute. You shouldn't have an issue on any Mach-E model making that commute in winter with full heat/etc.

OP
OP

JayDoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey , BMW 320i
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I'm assuming you're charging at home? I wouldn't worry about preconditioning at all with that short of a commute. You shouldn't have an issue on any Mach-E model making that commute in winter with full heat/etc.
Not really worried about range, but perhaps battery longevity? I’m likely overthinking. Thanks.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just remote start the car 10 minutes prior to leaving and you're good. The battery is plenty large enough to handle the little extra draw.

When I had the Focus Electric and had places to go after work I would Level-2 charge it about a mile away. Made for some brisk cold February walks in the morning.
Sponsored