dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
Have we proved they fixed it? Yes, the notes say that, but have we proved it?
The issue that was plauging people in the past where it would succeed from the app but would then disappear from the vehicle if it wasn't on-plug was silently fixed in some OTA over the summer; the release notes I think are calling out to if you actually get an error in the app that the departure/charge times weren't sent to the vehicle.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The issue that was plauging people in the past where it would succeed from the app but would then disappear from the vehicle if it wasn't on-plug was silently fixed in some OTA over the summer; the release notes I think are calling out to if you actually get an error in the app that the departure/charge times weren't sent to the vehicle.
No, they weren't fixed. I tried a departure time a few weeks ago and it did not work.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
You should probably rename the thread to “Manual Precondition”

dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
No, they weren't fixed. I tried a departure time a few weeks ago and it did not work.
Worth a try on the latest version I guess then. It used to be a guaranteed situation where if you sent one of those to a vehicle that wasn't on-plug, the app would show that it was successful, but the vehicle would silenty reject it, so you had to do it from the vehicle itself. That part has been fixed for me.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
This would be a great feature for Ford to add to the App - "Prepare for departure in xx mins" or something along those lines - esp. In the winter.
With a product this advanced and capable, one would think it would be natural to be able to hit a button on your phone and say “Pre-Condition trip in XX amount of minutes” easy peasy

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With a product this advanced and capable, one would think it would be natural to be able to hit a button on your phone and say “Pre-Condition trip in XX amount of minutes” easy peasy
As a new owner, I have to caution you. You're apply what's called "logic" to your evaluation of features, or lack of features. You need to stop. It will drive you insane.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
As a new owner, I have to caution you. You're apply what's called "logic" to your evaluation of features, or lack of features. You need to stop. It will drive you insane.
Did I buy the wrong car?? Looked hard at a Tesla but they would not give me enough for my truck. Did I make a mistake???

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did I buy the wrong car?? Looked hard at a Tesla but they would not give me enough for my truck. Did I make a mistake???
If you want the latest in software development, you bought the wrong car. Ford is never going to be anywhere near the bleeding, or even leading, edge.

We bought our first Mach-E in 2021, sold it in 2022 and bought a 2022, and then bought a Lightning this year. No more ICE vehicles. I knew in 2021 that Ford would have software issues, and vehicle issues, and they have, and they will. Much better built cars than Tesla, and not run by Elon Musk.

You'll judge for yourself.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you expected to be able to push a button and manually precondition your battery and that was your main reason for purchasing the Mach - then yes you made a mistake. Personally I have had no issues, it drives great, stays warm to -20F (just choice to drive ICE below that), but it is just an around town car for me but I still average about 30 mile a day shuffling grandkids. Are there better EV’s - maybe but the Mach has worked flawlessly for me. If I ever need to precondition then I will set a departure time.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
If you want the latest in software development, you bought the wrong car. Ford is never going to be anywhere near the bleeding, or even leading, edge.

We bought our first Mach-E in 2021, sold it in 2022 and bought a 2022, and then bought a Lightning this year. No more ICE vehicles. I knew in 2021 that Ford would have software issues, and vehicle issues, and they have, and they will. Much better built cars than Tesla, and not run by Elon Musk.

You'll judge for yourself.
My Ford guy told me that they are build better as well. The fact that software is a big part of these vehicles, you would think that their engineers would sit back and read what we talk about. a simple "Pre-Condition button on the app" no brainer. Hello Ford, easy one to fix and impress!!

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
Have we proved they fixed it? Yes, the notes say that, but have we proved it?
It has been working consistently for the past two months when prior to that it barely ever worked. Overall my experience is FP is much improved from the beginning.
Sponsored