Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Haven’t received my GTPE yet, but I currently drive a Tesla model s, and it has “Creep Mode” option. Basically, one pedal driving, but the car will “creep” like an ICE car when you release the brake. I would think this would help those who complain about backing out smoothly etc.. I use this mode on my Tesla, and if I recall, it was actually an over the air update early on in the car’s history. I wonder if the Mache will have this functionality? Some may really like it.
Sponsored

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Haven’t received my GTPE yet, but I currently drive a Tesla model s, and it has “Creep Mode” option. Basically, one pedal driving, but the car will “creep” like an ICE car when you release the brake. I would think this would help those who complain about backing out smoothly etc.. I use this mode on my Tesla, and if I recall, it was actually an over the air update early on in the car’s history. I wonder if the Mache will have this functionality? Some may really like it.
So, it's 1PD, but it only slows you to around 1 mph, and then you need to use the brake pedal to completely stop?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Creep is an option but only with 1PD off.

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, it's 1PD, but it only slows you to around 1 mph, and then you need to use the brake pedal to completely stop?
Yes. Exactly. And I prefer it. It’s nice in stop and go traffic or at a stoplight when you move up a little.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I'll don't like and never will use one pedal driving. Does that make me a creep?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I love the current implementation of 1PD. A Creep enhancement would have to optional because I don't want it.

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love the current implementation of 1PD. A Creep enhancement would have to optional because I don't want it.
In my Tesla it is optional. Can be turned on and off. And to the poster above on 1pd, I’m telling you, if you get used to it, you will forever be changed. It’s just a better way to drive. I hate driving my wife’s car now.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
In my Tesla it is optional. Can be turned on and off. And to the poster above on 1pd, I’m telling you, if you get used to it, you will forever be changed. It’s just a better way to drive. I hate driving my wife’s car now.
Totally agree, and we have years of experience in Tesla with 1pd driving. My S is old enough that it doesn't have true 1 pedal as I don't have the "roll to hold" option that the newer ones do. I use that when I drive the 3 and the Y and love it. At least I can put my foot on the brake at the end and use hill hold now, which was also an earlier OTA update.

It's quite a fun game really seeing how you can release the accelerator at just the right time to end up almost stopped where you want to. Try it, you'll love it eventually and never go back

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Isn't turning 1-pd off on the Mach-E more or less the same thing as this? It still regen brakes when you have it off.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Isn't turning 1-pd off on the Mach-E more or less the same thing as this? It still regen brakes when you have it off.
You would want to turn off 1PD and brake auto-hold. If you then drive in "L" you will gain back regeneration but with the creep in place.

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 RWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ah! I wanted "creep mode" as well, and came up with this workaround that I've posted on the forum before.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Creep mode 1665346280624

We only have 2 drivers for our Mach-E. The primary driver takes preset 1 of the "memory function buttons". I took preset 2 and 3, which are identical, except 2 is 1PD on, and 3 is 1PD off.

When I want to creep, I press 3. To re-engage 1PD I press 2.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'll don't like and never will use one pedal driving. Does that make me a creep?
My dog calls me a creep when I hug him. 😱🐩

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I think Creep mode is only available on white MachE with black out windows

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I tried creep mode in the Tesla, but didn't like it at all. 1PD is very similar to driving with a stick, and I think that's perfect. I hate driving automatics. I've never had anything but sticks and EVs, and plan to keep it that way.
Sponsored