CurtW

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
As a software developer, I would like to loan my experience and expertise on this topic. (I don't have much to offer rather than jokes on most topics!!)

I've tested these features. In my MME - which is a very limited test group - I believe these features work exactly as designed. I was able to replicate some of the behavior cited in this thread, but I have not identified any bugs.

I would argue that I could gather requirements for an ejection button for the driver and a beer tap on the console. From this, I could design - theoretically - an optimally functioning solution where you could A) Draw a fresh glass of cerveza, B) Secure cerveza using an MME certified, sealable container, C) Hit ejection button to blow the roof off the car and catapult you and your driver's seat a hundred feet in the air, D) Launch a parachute from driver's seat positioned as such to control your orientation during descent, E) Auto inflate a cushion that would wrap around and protect you on impact.

After your ejection, you could casually remain in your seat, enjoying a refreshing, cold beverage while you post this experience to the funnest Mach-E stories and wait for your spouse (who is undoubtedly tracking your location using FordPass) to come pick you up. I could then argue this works exactly as designed, bug free. I would also argue this is about as desirable to me as a cruise control that accelerates my vehicle automatically.

In other words, I agree with those who argue this is poor design, in that it is an un-desirable if not un-safe feature that "might" result in un-intended results and potential liabilities for the manufacturer. In my opinion. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

gregorym

First Name
Grzegorz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT, S-Max
Country flag
In my opinion, this is a bug, and a very dangerous one. It may not be an bug in the code, but in the assumptions, but it is an bug. Disabling the option in the configuration sort of solves the problem, but at the same time it deprives us of a nice feature (a nice feature, but poorly designed).
The problem stems from two incorrect assumptions
and). that the speeds on the map are correct (very wrong assumption)
b). that the driver will always want to drive at the maximum permissible speed plus the set buffer (in my opinion, the speed should return to the one I set earlier when the speed limit area ends, not to the maximum speed)

I live in a small town in Poland and often in a built-up area with a speed limit of 50 km/h, but the speed limit on the map is often incorrect and is 90 km/h. I set the cruise control, for example, to 55 km/h and if I leave an area on the map where it was 50 km/h to an area where according to the map it is already 90 km/h, instead of maintaining 55 km/h (because I set it that way), it unexpectedly accelerates to 100 km/h (90+10). It is similar when I set the cruise control on an expressway to 120 km/h (the map shows incorrectly 140 km/h), a speed limit sign appears, e.g. to 100 km/h, and then the speed limit is canceled, then my Mach-E accelerates to 150 km/h instead of returning to the speed of 120 km/h, i.e. the speed before the speed limit. And since it's an electric car and a GT, it accelerates quite rapidly.

The first time it accelerated rapidly in a built-up area, where there were pedestrian crossings with chicanes (zigzag), I almost crashed, it was very dangerous. I turned it off with a function in the menu, but it pisses me off that Ford insists that it works properly and says that you should report errors to the maps. However, in Poland there are a lot of such incorrect speeds on the map, and there is no point in turning off intelligent functions in the menu, otherwise the car will want to kill you.

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
I would like a chime to sound, especially for any increase in speed beyond 35 mph.
Sponsored