K2H

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
I have had cruise control turn on randomly twice over the last three days. Both times occurred while I was slowing and beginning a turn. I use one pedal driving, so having the car stop slowing down and almost pick up speed is a bit of a shock when it happens. Pressing the brake disables cruise and there haven’t been any problems. But could easily imagine a scenario where this could turn out bad.

The cruise button could have been accidentally touched on the turn of the wheel. The positioning of it can be hit easily. But when it happened twice so soon made me a little more worried. I had a 2021 GTPE and now a (May) 2022 GTPE and in over a year with these cars it has never happened previously. I did just receive the latest OTA.

Anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
I have accidentally touched the main cc switch while it was on so cc switched off...not the other way around though.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have had cruise control turn on randomly twice over the last three days. Both times occurred while I was slowing and beginning a turn. I use one pedal driving, so having the car stop slowing down and almost pick up speed is a bit of a shock when it happens. Pressing the brake disables cruise and there haven’t been any problems. But could easily imagine a scenario where this could turn out bad.

The cruise button could have been accidentally touched on the turn of the wheel. The positioning of it can be hit easily. But when it happened twice so soon made me a little more worried. I had a 2021 GTPE and now a (May) 2022 GTPE and in over a year with these cars it has never happened previously. I did just receive the latest OTA.

Anyone else experienced this?

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mache's cruise control issue on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
I've had it happen a lot. I realized it's because the position of the button is too close to the outside of the wheel and the palm of my thumb often activates it. It is very disconcerting when it happens pulling up to a stop sign as taking your foot off the gas pedal (one pedal driving) tells it to resume cruise control.

OP
OP
K2H

K2H

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
I thought hitting it accidentally might be the culprit (and very well could be). Just thought it’s odd it’s never happened to me before in the last year I owned the car and then twice recently.

A lot of other cars have two steps to actually turn on cruise (enable and then set). I never really liked that but now guessing it is for this very reason.
Sponsored