Dash cam

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I ordered the Ford dashcam found in the accessories catalog for my MME FE here in Norway and got the dealership to install it for me…..

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dash cam CEF6EB80-7818-43E3-A4C6-9B650152CA71

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dash cam CEF6EB80-7818-43E3-A4C6-9B650152CA71

Ford part # 2421817
Any integration with Sync 4A? I know, previously, it worked well with Sync 3 but , AFAIK, Sync 4A is a completely different programming language (feel free to correct me).

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E

Buskor

First Name
Knut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona EV, BMW R1200 GSA, Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Any integration with Sync 4A? I know, previously, it worked well with Sync 3 but , AFAIK, Sync 4A is a completely different programming language (feel free to correct me).
iPhone with the Ford dashcam app. App shows up on the sync4 screen. I am able to use basic controls from the app in sync4. But I do prefer the app on the phone. I must admit the the dashcam was installed only two days ago, so it remains to see if the ability to control the dashcam from sync4 remains stable.

Last edited:

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I must admit the the dashcam was installed only two days ago, so it remains to see if the ability to control the dashcam from sync4 remains stable.
Any update on the Ford cam??

I reallly want to get a dash cam installed. I had thought about getting the Ford camera but holly hell their install fee is ABSURD!!!

Ive hard wire installed my own in the past, but always did a single channel. I’d like to do a dual channel for the MME. I think I could do it, but I’m not sure if I really want to try too.

The cost to repair these cars is insane. IMO not having a dashcam is going to screw you over if ever in a non fault accident. Dashcam removes that he said she said BS.

Buskor

First Name
Knut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any update on the Ford cam??

I reallly want to get a dash cam installed. I had thought about getting the Ford camera but holly hell their install fee is ABSURD!!!

Ive hard wire installed my own in the past, but always did a single channel. I’d like to do a dual channel for the MME. I think I could do it, but I’m not sure if I really want to try too.

The cost to repair these cars is insane. IMO not having a dashcam is going to screw you over if ever in a non fault accident. Dashcam removes that he said she said BS.
Dash cam integrates with sync4. I am able to use basic controls direct on screen. When I want to view footage I have to download via the app on my iPhone. It works as expected and needed and gives me what I required. Pics attached, language my native Norwegian though. My dealer underestimated the work needed to install but they sold it to me installation included so I am good.

0C6AC47B-8C88-4E6F-9107-656FC8C61B39.jpeg

9365FB4B-9722-4713-90BC-36072BA65CFA.jpeg

C3BEE20E-E97D-4D04-8523-4A8BE78B57E3.jpeg

97B9F225-5667-48C7-B499-E0DE2B59C7D5.jpeg

762CEF19-FE98-4ACD-9B59-63D36DBDC07F.jpeg

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks!

Think in the US it’s like $350 for the camera and then $400 bucks for the install which is absurd!! Best Buy will instal a dash cam for $60 bucks, but they won’t take in EVs. :( I understand the dealer will alway be more, but $400 is a bit of a stretch.

oldguardmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
With the front, rear and side cameras already in this car, I guess I wonder why I need to install a Dash Camera at all.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
With the front, rear and side cameras already in this car, I guess I wonder why I need to install a Dash Camera at all.
yes there are those cameras but they are not currently used for what a dash cam is for. Maybe someday in the future.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I recently came across this Kickstarter and figured, what the hell, why not.

I liked that it offered dual 4K (front/rear). It doesn't ship for a few months.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Dash cam integrates with sync4. I am able to use basic controls direct on screen. When I want to view footage I have to download via the app on my iPhone. It works as expected and needed and gives me what I required. Pics attached, language my native Norwegian though. My dealer underestimated the work needed to install but they sold it to me installation included so I am good.
my dude this looks great.
which camera is it? is it the Thinkware F200. It seems that the one that Ford sells in the US but yours looks different...

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I recently came across this Kickstarter and figured, what the hell, why not.

I liked that it offered dual 4K (front/rear). It doesn't ship for a few months.
I like it! I have an Owl Cam that had similar functionality, but they went out of business. Another company picked them up and had unreasonable cellular fees, and I've not used it since. That is the downside to some of these, though.

Buskor

First Name
Knut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my dude this looks great.
which camera is it? is it the Thinkware F200. It seems that the one that Ford sells in the US but yours looks different...
Hi.

Ford dash cam Product No. 2421817 here in Europe. UK site - https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/dashboard-camera-for-integration-with-sync-3.

I chose the UK site instead of the Norwegian site for language purposes for ease of reading. The part number on the UK site is the same as the one I ordered installation included here in Norway ??
Sponsored