heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
When a customer goes into their local dealer to order a MME, does the size of the dealer matter when it comes to actually getting an allocation from Ford?

I know in the General Motors world, when a customer walks in to order a new Corvette it will matter a lot. The biggest 3 dealers in the US will get around 160 Corvettes allocated to them a month where a small dealer might get 1 and most times none allocated to them that month even though they have customers who have placed deposits with them for the car.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
For what it's worth, I have a Bronco on order (as well as an MME), and the allocation issue has been a real sore spot for everyone who made a Bronco reservation. I would have to believe that if MME is on an allocation system, it would be the same type of system being used for Bronco, and yes, size of dealership is apparently an issue. RickMachE says it is more about how many vehicles a dealer moves, and I suppose we are saying the same thing (i.e. a small dealership obviously moves fewer vehicles than larger dealerships). Overall one of the main things discussed on the Bronco forum is wishing that Ford would have simply followed each reservation timestamp for building/delivering vehicles and not an allocation system that gives favor to certain dealerships, causing newer reservations to be filled in front of earlier reservations that were made long before. I am new the the MME forum and not sure if the same concern is being voiced here. I figure now that I have an MME on order I will find out soon enough.
Sponsored