First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e (on order)
Country flag
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and had a few questions. I placed an order for a Mach e yesterday at a local dealership. I had already spec'd it out online and had the "dealer price" when walking in. They confirmed that this would be the price I was going to pay but then there were several markups at the end. They had the Environmental Protection Package ($699) and Nitro Package ($299) added to the final price. I asked to have both removed and the salesman said that the sales manager would not allow them to remove it. He then explained that this was how they were making money on the pre-orders as they were selling from Ford direct for invoice. I begrudgingly placed the order and paid my deposit but will be shopping other Ford dealers to see if I can find a dealership that will eliminate those packages.

Has anyone else ran up against the same thing? Were you able to get the packages removed?

By the way, I still haven't seen a confirmation email for my order and will be calling them again ASAP to make sure the order was processed.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many threads on this. Pick a different dealer.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and had a few questions. I placed an order for a Mach e yesterday at a local dealership. I had already spec'd it out online and had the "dealer price" when walking in. They confirmed that this would be the price I was going to pay but then there were several markups at the end. They had the Environmental Protection Package ($699) and Nitro Package ($299) added to the final price. I asked to have both removed and the salesman said that the sales manager would not allow them to remove it. He then explained that this was how they were making money on the pre-orders as they were selling from Ford direct for invoice. I begrudgingly placed the order and paid my deposit but will be shopping other Ford dealers to see if I can find a dealership that will eliminate those packages.

Has anyone else ran up against the same thing? Were you able to get the packages removed?

By the way, I still haven't seen a confirmation email for my order and will be calling them again ASAP to make sure the order was processed.
Agree with @RickMachE. Cancel your order and find another dealer.

Confirm upfront with the dealer, and in writing, that they will sell to you for X-Plan pricing and with no add-ons. If not, then find another dealer.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/a-z-x-plan-discount-pricing-for-mach-e.501/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/official-list-no-adm-mach-e-ford-dealers.95/

OP
OP

Rec329

First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e (on order)
Country flag
Thanks guys. I'll be cancelling my order with them ASAP and looking elsewhere.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks guys. I'll be cancelling my order with them ASAP and looking elsewhere.
Let us know if they willingly give you your deposit back.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Hi all!

As others have said, threaten to cancel or just cancel.

Or just buy it with those things.

Nitrogen package lol. Dealers around here gave up about 10 years ago trying to charge people hundreds of dollars for air.

But $1k in dealer add ons isn’t too bad. Are they offering a good price on a trade in? It’s all a part of the negotiations.

FWIW, I got x plan on mine. At the last minute the GM tried to push the dealer add ons and said they were mandatory with every vehicle sold.

Luckily the salesman was on my side, didn’t like the new GM and pushed back that they don’t pull this crap last minute for ordered cars.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Called today and canceled my order and placed a new one at a dealer in Raliegh with x-plan pricing and no add on. Local dealer is sending refund check in mail.
Just make sure to get x-plan pricing in writing. There have been instances when it has not been honored.
Sponsored