Dealer Required Software Updates

bwb289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Picked up the mme about a month ago. We were never able to get the Ford pass app to work with the car, including location and PAAK. I setup a support ticket with Ford corporate who told me my car didn't have the latest software and it showed my dealer had tried and failed to install the update the day before I picked it up.

I took it into to the dealer this morning at 10am thinking it would be a quick thing. They didn't really understand the concept that one of their cars requires software updates and said they'd have it ready this afternoon. Car sat there for 7 hours and was never looked at so I just picked it up because we need it tomorrow. I'll be taking it back next week for another try.

Anyone have experience with the dealer required software update process and how long it usually takes?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Picked up the mme about a month ago. We were never able to get the Ford pass app to work with the car, including location and PAAK. I setup a support ticket with Ford corporate who told me my car didn't have the latest software and it showed my dealer had tried and failed to install the update the day before I picked it up.

I took it into to the dealer this morning at 10am thinking it would be a quick thing. They didn't really understand the concept that one of their cars requires software updates and said they'd have it ready this afternoon. Car sat there for 7 hours and was never looked at so I just picked it up because we need it tomorrow. I'll be taking it back next week for another try.

Anyone have experience with the dealer required software update process and how long it usually takes?
Send me your VIN and I'll take a look at what you need.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Dozens and dozens of us. Depending on the updates needed, it can take several days.

However, FordPass working with the car should happen on day 1 without updates.

OP
OP

bwb289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Agreed on the Ford pass working on day 1. I can see the car but can't use any of the 'connected' features. It's both my android and my wife's iPhone so it's definitely on the cars end.

I'm going to give my dealer one more try before I go to a different one.

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
When you setup Ford Pass like enter/scan the VIN etc, the activation requires for you to confirm it in the car infotainment screen? If you have done all that, then you need to find a dealer who has knowledge about ford pass so they can troubleshoot.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Honestly sounds like they didnā€™t do when of those dealer updates that were required before delivery. Thought there was one that was needed for the TCU or the car wouldnā€™t get updates, it should show up in Oasis and FDRS what hasnā€™t been done

OP
OP

bwb289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
It's definitely on the cars end. The Ford pass app on both phones tells us to turn on connectivity in settings of the car. I've got it turned on and it shows clearly on the top right of the car screen. I did a master reset of the car and it still won't connect to the app.
Sponsored