Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
as long as we subsidize the oil and gas industry at insane levels, the ev tax credit should remain for all mfg's, including T and GM.

just my opinion. your range may vary.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
as long as we subsidize the oil and gas industry at insane levels, the ev tax credit should remain for all mfg's, including T and GM.

Not really comparing apples to apples. Yes, fuel is subsidized.

Then again, so is the fuel for BEVs (electricity). And alternative energy is getting the biggest subsidies.

And this helps everyone. Not exactly a bad thing.

The tax credits? Disproportionately help the people with the most $$.

I think sticking with subsidies probably does the most good for the most people.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I guess I am the lucky one, I did get to test drive both a model y and the MME. The Tesla is nice but the MME has considerable better fit and finish. It also charges plenty fast I have seen speeds up to 203kw for up to 10 minutes using EA's network. Also the ability to fast charge to 100% is an undeniable advantage to the MME. Ford's did it right their first generation MME compeats and in most cases beats Tesla's 4th generation EV. Imagine what the 4th gen MME will be like.

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I know I'm not the only one wanting the exterior of the Mach on the technology of a Tesla LOL. I've never driven the Y, but I bought a Model 3 while I wait on my MME. I think it boils down to your purpose for driving. I take regular trips to my parents to house 362 miles away. Thats only 1 stop to charge 27 minutes. Not sure what that will mean on the MME .... it I know it won't be better. But everytime I pull up to an MME, I marvel at how beautiful it is, and can't quite bring myself to cancel my order. I guess you can't have everything.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Not really comparing apples to apples. Yes, fuel is subsidized.

Then again, so is the fuel for BEVs (electricity). And alternative energy is getting the biggest subsidies.

And this helps everyone. Not exactly a bad thing.

The tax credits? Disproportionately help the people with the most $$.

I think sticking with subsidies probably does the most good for the most people.
the tax credits actually help the automobile manufacture the most. They don't need to discount the cars and new BEV models can be more profitable for them. That's actually what they were designed to do is get a new technology started , not be a permanent subsidy

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess I am the lucky one, I did get to test drive both a model y and the MME. The Tesla is nice but the MME has considerable better fit and finish. It also charges plenty fast I have seen speeds up to 203kw for up to 10 minutes using EA's network. Also the ability to fast charge to 100% is an undeniable advantage to the MME. Ford's did it right their first generation MME compeats and in most cases beats Tesla's 4th generation EV. Imagine what the 4th gen MME will be like.
I think you are confusing the MME with the e-Tron or Taycan or EV6. I've never seen or heard of 203 kW on a Mach-E and if you own one then you know the charging falls off drastically after 80% SoC to L2 speeds. See

https://insideevs.com/news/492727/ford-mustang-mache-fast-charging-analysis/

For daily charging that's perfectly acceptable but hoping Ford pushes out the charging fix to post-July builds soon. I generally don't need fast charging over 80% except for longer road trips so it's been a minor annoyance.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think you are confusing the MME with the e-Tron or Taycan or EV6. I've never seen or heard of 203 kW on a Mach-E and if you own one then you know the charging falls off drastically after 80% SoC to L2 speeds. See

https://insideevs.com/news/492727/ford-mustang-mache-fast-charging-analysis/

For daily charging that's perfectly acceptable but hoping Ford pushes out the charging fix to post-July builds soon. I generally don't need fast charging over 80% except for longer road trips so it's been a minor annoyance.
I have one, it's infinity blue premium awd and extended battery i see 175-203kwh charging a bunch. Some advice when you use a EA charger pick the one that supports up to 350kw speed. And as for changing it's in as we speak getting the calibration update that's allows for DC fast up to 100%. What I gather from folks that have had it done is 80-90 charges at 50kw speeds and 90-100 charges at 20kw. Knowledge is power my friend. Btw here is a pic of my car in Fargo, no charge for the snow.

And yes I installed select 18" wheels and all weather tires as my winter setup.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y PXL_20211203_141341264.MP

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have one, it's infinity blue premium awd and extended battery i see 175-203kwh charging a bunch. Some advice when you use a EA charger pick the one that supports up to 350kw speed. And as for changing it's in as we speak getting the calibration update that's allows for DC fast up to 100%. What I gather from folks that have had it done is 80-90 charges at 50kw speeds and 90-100 charges at 20kw. Knowledge is power my friend. Btw here is a pic of my car in Fargo, no charge for the snow.
Where are you getting the 175-203 kW (it's not kWh) number? You know there are bugs in the EA app and charger displays? ID.4 used to report 175 kW all the time on the app but the car is limited to 125 kW.

Officially Ford says the max charge rate is 150 kw:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y 1639437146653

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

So I have no idea where you are getting your incorrect numbers from.

Also "calibration update that's allows for DC fast up to 100%." is only available for pre-July builds.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Where are you getting the 175-203 kW (it's not kWh) number? You know there are bugs in the EA app and charger displays? ID.4 used to report 175 kW all the time on the app but the car is limited to 125 kW.

Officially Ford says the max charge rate is 150 kw:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y 1639437146653

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

So I have no idea where you are getting your incorrect numbers from.

Also "calibration update that's allows for DC fast up to 100%." is only available for pre-July builds.
From the EA app and what the chargers are reporting on screen. It could be wrong because I certainly don't have test equipment. I can comment that In Rockford,Il it charged from 30-80 in 16 minutes showing substained speeds up to 203 kw. I would think it's just a matter of time before the rest of the MME's get the calibration update or equivalent.

heywardjr

First Name
Heyward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I decided to cancel my MME GT order placed on Oct.1st. Dealer said he did not think it would be scheduled for production until next summer. I decided that was too long for me to wait. I discovered the 2022 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring hybrid and test drove it. Very nice ride and tons of features and can even go 28 miles on all electric. I just got the Lincoln production date of 2/28 so I should have it in March as it is made in the Kentucky plant. I love the MME but they gotta make a lot more of them if they want to compete with Tesla. I like the new Ford and Lincoln lineup and think they are doing great.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

There are no real subsidies for the oil and gas industry. As CEO of Continential Resources testified to the Congress, “Some call the expensing of ordinary business expenses a “subsidy.” Now my recollection of what a subsidy means is when you are given money to do something. I guess when I drilled 17 dry holes in a row I missed that pay window. No one sent me a check.”
The so called "green energy" in its various forms does receive subsidies, which cause inflation and distortions in the market. Taxpayers pay those subsidies, but the beneficiaries are all the (bogus) green companies. Even Michael Moore, who is left of Bernie, painted pretty outrageous picture describing all that green scam in his Planet of the Humans.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
From the EA app and what the chargers are reporting on screen. It could be wrong because I certainly don't have test equipment. I can comment that In Rockford,Il it charged from 30-80 in 16 minutes showing substained speeds up to 203 kw. I would think it's just a matter of time before the rest of the MME's get the calibration update or equivalent.
The reason I don't believe you is 203 kW is 500A at 400V. These 350 kW chargers are often rated to 500A but don't push that max. 160 kW is 400V at 400A which is more believable. The 800V cars like the Taycan and e-Tron I've seen personally hit 130 kW across the entire charging time. Lucid is 900V. Those are the fastest charging EVs around along with the EV6. The Mach-E is considered one of the slooooower charging EVs. Ford has throttled us badly. It barely charges at 1C... whereas the EV6 charges at 2C (rate equals two time the max capacity of the battery).

Also what the charger shows is what you are billed. There is transmission loss into the car. There's an estimate of 12-15% loss but it varies.. could be low as 7% or could be more.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a36062942/evs-explained-charging-losses/

I checked my logs from this weekend where it was mid-70s to 80s... 33% to 76% in 24 minutes. You are in a cold climate. I don't exact believe your charging history.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The reason I don't believe you is 203 kW is 500A at 400V. These 350 kW chargers are often rated to 500A but don't push that max. 160 kW is 400V at 400A which is more believable. The 800V cars like the Taycan and e-Tron I've seen personally hit 130 kW across the entire charging time. Lucid is 900V. Those are the fastest charging EVs around along with the EV6. The Mach-E is considered one of the slooooower charging EVs. Ford has throttled us badly. It barely charges at 1C... whereas the EV6 charges at 2C (rate equals two time the max capacity of the battery).

Also what the charger shows is what you are billed. There is transmission loss into the car. There's an estimate of 12-15% loss but it varies.. could be low as 7% or could be more.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a36062942/evs-explained-charging-losses/

I checked my logs from this weekend where it was mid-70s to 80s... 33% to 76% in 24 minutes. You are in a cold climate. I don't exact believe your charging history.
I checked my log from that charge and it was at 38% when I plugged in and 18 minutes later is was 80%. I then found a charge rate calculated on the web that's a rate of 130kw. To your point that's not 203. Cold climate or not it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I was 4 hours into an 11-hour drive that day so the battery was definitely up to temperature. I had also just completed a 95 plus mile an hour run through the heart of Chicago because everybody else there drives like idiots I needed to also.

So consider this a correction to my earlier statement. Still that's not that bad.

On the same trip one of the other logs is 1%-80% in 41 minutes. Or an average of 111kw according to the internet calculator.

Last edited:

miata

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
miata, towncar, highlander
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I decided to cancel my MME GT order placed on Oct.1st. Dealer said he did not think it would be scheduled for production until next summer. I decided that was too long for me to wait. I discovered the 2022 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring hybrid and test drove it. Very nice ride and tons of features...
So did you compare the Lincoln Corsair with the Ford Escape? They appear to be very similar (as Lincolns and Fords, since the mid-1960's, can be) but the build quality between the marks can vary by decade. E.g. my 94 TownCar was a FAR nicer car than the CrownVics and GrandMarquis' of the day but my 07 TC is really just a trim package of a CrownVic. (Though still a superb freeway cruiser.)
The only Lincoln dealer by me is attached to the Ford dealer I've been shopping at (and developed a rapport with a salesman). It's clear the same manager in the same loud suit goes back and forth between the two. Yet the salesman made a dozen excuses why I couldn't drive and wouldn't want a Corsair...clearly he'd lose his commission if I purchased the Lincoln.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So did you compare the Lincoln Corsair with the Ford Escape? They appear to be very similar (as Lincolns and Fords, since the mid-1960's, can be) but the build quality between the marks can vary by decade. E.g. my 94 TownCar was a FAR nicer car than the CrownVics and GrandMarquis' of the day but my 07 TC is really just a trim package of a CrownVic. (Though still a superb freeway cruiser.)
The only Lincoln dealer by me is attached to the Ford dealer I've been shopping at (and developed a rapport with a salesman). It's clear the same manager in the same loud suit goes back and forth between the two. Yet the salesman made a dozen excuses why I couldn't drive and wouldn't want a Corsair...clearly he'd lose his commission if I purchased the Lincoln.
They are on the same chassis. If I remember the big difference is the Lincoln has magnaride and AWD with the plug in hybrid. Plus the Lincoln build quality and materials are more premium.
Sponsored