mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
And then there is the bounce. The bounce problem is not as severe on the GT as compared to the Premium, so some have said. I cannot confirm or deny if this is true, only reporting what others have posted. And it is all colored by personal preference, of course.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Well, I just test drive the premium after testing the GT last week. I'm very torn. Definitely leaning towards the GT now. I got on the highway and felt a lack of power in the 60-80mph range.
Which premium did you drive? If it was the RWD, it doesn't really have the oomph. The Premium AWD, oooo, I never see a lack of power. I hit 80 on the freeway without even realizing it and still have juice to pass.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And then there is the bounce. The bounce problem is not as severe on the GT as compared to the Premium, so some have said. I cannot confirm or deny if this is true, only reporting what others have posted. And it is all colored by personal preference, of course.
I think that was the GT PE that people were saying wasn't as bouncy.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Well, I just test drive the premium after testing the GT last week. I'm very torn. Definitely leaning towards the GT now. I got on the highway and felt a lack of power in the 60-80mph range.
I like that. It keeps you a little bit out of trouble.

I had a Speed6 15 years ago and I could hit 100 and barely notice it. I don't need fast, just fast enough.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I think that was the GT PE that people were saying wasn't as bouncy.
The PE has no bounce, but @markboris put GT springs in his Premium and the bounce improved. Another forum member didn't have the same result, but there is data that suggests the GT bounce is less noticable than the Premium. It is a very strange and inconsistent issue, though.

The bounce issue is one reason I decided not to accept the Premium I ordered and found a GT instead. One reason. Quicker acceleration and the other improvements listed in this thread were also reasons.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I went with a GT-PE because I wanted:

AWD
Extended Battery
Metal roof
Magneride

I don’t have the car yet, so…?‍♂?

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GTPE
Country flag
I went with a GT-PE because I wanted:

AWD
Extended Battery
Metal roof
Magneride

I don’t have the car yet, so…?‍♂?
I did the same, but did the Pano roof and Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 and 360-Degree Camera package.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I did the same, but did the Pano roof and Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 and 360-Degree Camera package.
I wanted co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 but couldn’t get to with a metal roof. It’s not something I will miss, because it would have been something I used a few times and never use again.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The PE has no bounce, but @markboris put GT springs in his Premium and the bounce improved. Another forum member didn't have the same result, but there is data that suggests the GT bounce is less noticable than the Premium. It is a very strange and inconsistent issue, though.

The bounce issue is one reason I decided not to accept the Premium I ordered and found a GT instead. One reason. Quicker acceleration and the other improvements listed in this thread were also reasons.
Wow, that's good to know. The bounciness drives me crazy. I did a call with a few Ford engineers on the stupid IPC buzzing and I mentioned the bounciness, and while the suspension team wasn't on the call, they said they had never heard any complaints of that at all. They even checked with the appropriate team and said that hadn't had any reports of bounciness but, of course, when I took my car into the dealer they said everything seemed normal so the team just dropped it lol. Go figure!

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
only one test drive felt a little bouncy, that was a Premium awd but only one.
some drivers may be more used to a softer ride. one reason I ordered a rwd, with no worries. I thought all 3 of the mustangs I drove were very similar to my audi q5.
Sponsored