Developed a new auto window up bug

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Now my drivers side window frequently fails auto close. You have to close it fully, press the up button a few times while closed and then lower an try again and then it regains function for a while, I guess the button will need to be rplaced. ugg. not anxious to have the door taken apart.
Sponsored

Kehrd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
May 9th Black premium ER RWD
Country flag
Slightly different problem but today I used the windows down button in Fordpass without issue but when I window up it the rear driver side wouldn't go up. I put the all down again via app and tried again without movement. After doing it at the driver door button it fought me on the way up going down a few inches the finished going up. Weird!

MElectrix

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE x4
Occupation
Lawyer & mom & daughter
Country flag
Now my drivers side window frequently fails auto close. You have to close it fully, press the up button a few times while closed and then lower an try again and then it regains function for a while, I guess the button will need to be rplaced. ugg. not anxious to have the door taken apart.
My driver side has same issue. Did you get a fix??

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My driver side has same issue. Did you get a fix??
a fix that often works for loss of automatic capability, is to hold the window control for the affected window Down for ten seconds, and then hold the control up for ten seconds. I actually learned this watching youtube. BUT I have noted that some people are mentioning intermittent experience of window not going up or down that seems to be very transient.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
a fix that often works for loss of automatic capability, is to hold the window control for the affected window Down for ten seconds, and then hold the control up for ten seconds. I actually learned this watching youtube. BUT I have noted that some people are mentioning intermittent experience of window not going up or down that seems to be very transient.
huh... I just sold a VW that had the same "fix" for when the window would do this (which wasn't frequent). Strange that the problem and solution spans multiple manufacturers

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
huh... I just sold a VW that had the same "fix" for when the window would do this (which wasn't frequent). Strange that the problem and solution spans multiple manufacturers
I did a bit of reading up on this and apparently this same type door lift tech is used by many manufacturers.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I did a bit of reading up on this and apparently this same type door lift tech is used by many manufacturers.
so much like these chips, its a single point of failure in the supply chain

MElectrix

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE x4
Occupation
Lawyer & mom & daughter
Country flag
Mine healed itself. Works fine now!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine healed itself. Works fine now!
So did mine. I came on here, searched for the videos that showed how to fix it. The next day I went to the Mach E to follow the instructions and it was already fine. Gremlins.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Over the weekend I used the fob to lower all four windows at once. When I used the fob to close them all, all four went up then the driver side rear window lowered/re-opened.

Had to enter the car to close it again. Did so from the driver’s side front door. If it happens again I’ll try to close it from the rear door control.

This has happened at least once or twice in our 2017 Fusion but not usually.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
This just happened to me yesterday, after reset the switches worked properly. Just consider it a similar issue to the switch panel not working on occasion that corrects on a car reset.

So did mine. I came on here, searched for the videos that showed how to fix it. The next day I went to the Mach E to follow the instructions and it was already fine. Gremlins.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
Press the window control switch to open the window. Lift the window control switch to close the window.
Note: The power windows operate with the ignition on, and for several minutes after you switch the ignition off or until you open a front door.
To reduce wind noise or pulsing noise when one window is open, slightly open the opposite window.
One-Touch Open
Fully press the window control switch and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
One-Touch Close
Fully lift the window control switch and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
Resetting One-Touch Close
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
Sponsored