"Developing New Retail Experiences When Buying A Vehicle"

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Google Partnership Lifts Ford Stock

Ford stock gained 2.9% on Feb. 1 after CEO James Farley announced the 117-year old automaker is partnering with tech giant Google. The Michigan-based carmaker and Alphabet-owned company will form a new collaborative group called Team Upshift.

"We're going to leverage the talent and assets of both companies to push the boundaries of Ford's transformation," Ford Motor wrote in a company blog post. "This may include projects ranging from modernizing our plants through vision AI, developing new retail experiences when buying a vehicle, creating new ownership offers based on connected vehicle data, and more."

In addition to the joint venture, the deal will make Google the preferred cloud service for the Detroit automaker.
I was browsing my financial news when I came across this press release. With so many posters on here unsatisfied with dealers, maybe there is some hope.:)

What do you think it means?

BTW, this is from Investors Business Daily.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ford’s stuck with dealers due to laws, so Google won’t affect that. They might bring more tech experiences like the augmented reality or virtual reality experience of checking out a cars interior/exterior, though, things like that. Certainly the online ordering process could be streamlined a bit, even if ultimately the dealer must remain involved to some extent.

Maybe instead of having to pay a monthly subscription for the connected services in many newer cars, Google and Ford will have an arrangement in which the connectivity service remains free in exchange for data they can feed into Google Maps and their other ad tracking

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Ford’s stuck with dealers due to laws, so Google won’t affect that. They might bring more tech experiences like the augmented reality or virtual reality experience of checking out a cars interior/exterior, though, things like that. Certainly the online ordering process could be streamlined a bit, even if ultimately the dealer must remain involved to some extent.
What they could do with online ordering, is to have dealer commit to a price. That price would be at, below, or above MSRP. But it would be fully disclosed. Also disclose all of those useless dealer extras (nitrogen, undercoating, etc).
Maybe instead of having to pay a monthly subscription for the connected services in many newer cars, Google and Ford will have an arrangement in which the connectivity service remains free in exchange for data they can feed into Google Maps and their other ad tracking
Knowing how google does business, the moment you buy MME, you'll get bombarded by ads for MME across all of your google apps and devices ;)

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was browsing my financial news when I came across this press release. With so many posters on here unsatisfied with dealers, maybe there is some hope.:)

What do you think it means?

BTW, this is from Investors Business Daily.
Google involvement doesn’t inspire much confidence with me.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag