Did fordPass 4.10.0 fix Android power drain?

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
Could it be true??? Did the 4.10.0 update end the Andoid power drain problems?

Previously, some of us reported inconsistent but significant power drain problems on Android if trying to use FP as intended, advertised and sold as a feature on MME. (It was on my Monroney label as a working feature, not a future thing). some of us tried to make all the phone setting tweaks recmmended by various sources. some of us got relief from those tweaks, others, no such luck. We acknowledge the Android environment is widely but uniquely implemented by various phone manufacturers. (I'm glad it is not my job to fix this problem ;-))

I downloaded the FP update and restarted my phone the moment I saw the upgrade (6 days ago?) and have not seen the power drain problem since.

While I commend Ford's latest efforts to put SOME info in their release notes, I don't expect the notes to reference efforts to fix the power drain problem which impacted some users, under some conditions, some of the time. So, I wonder:

- anyone still experiencing the Andoid power drain problem after the 4.10.0 upgrade? I'd love to celebrate the victory!
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I have not had it since the update. However, I would not consider that evidence. Mine is very intermittent where it just loses its mind and eats up the battery in one day. Always takes a restart to stop it. So far, so good though. PAAK is still about normal reliability of 9/10 for me too.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I downloaded it just a few days ago, but so far so good.

Terje

First Name
Terje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E LR AWD m/tekno+ Infinity Blue
Country flag
Could it be true??? Did the 4.10.0 update end the Andoid power drain problems?

Previously, some of us reported inconsistent but significant power drain problems on Android if trying to use FP as intended, advertised and sold as a feature on MME. (It was on my Monroney label as a working feature, not a future thing). some of us tried to make all the phone setting tweaks recmmended by various sources. some of us got relief from those tweaks, others, no such luck. We acknowledge the Android environment is widely but uniquely implemented by various phone manufacturers. (I'm glad it is not my job to fix this problem ;-))

I downloaded the FP update and restarted my phone the moment I saw the upgrade (6 days ago?) and have not seen the power drain problem since.

While I commend Ford's latest efforts to put SOME info in their release notes, I don't expect the notes to reference efforts to fix the power drain problem which impacted some users, under some conditions, some of the time. So, I wonder:

- anyone still experiencing the Andoid power drain problem after the 4.10.0 upgrade? I'd love to celebrate the victory!

I have struggled with the ford app with it stopping, closing and the car not finding the key Now I think I have found a possible solution, so that the app can work in the background without having to open it every time. It also does not seem to have an abnormal amount of power. I have a Samsung S21 +, went into "settings", then to "battery-my-device management", then to "battery" and then to "background usage limit" and finally "apps never in sleep mode". There I removed several apps that I did not use and that did not go to sleep and then I pressed the "+" sign and added the ford app. Now the key symbol for the ford app is at the top of the phone, and I can now leave it there in the background and it works great. If you have problems with the key on your mobile, try this
Sponsored