OP
OP

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I don't know if it's a bug or the app too aggressively trying to connect to the car. The ideal experience is to walk up to the car at a normal pace and be able to open the door, so the app has to constantly be trying to perform the handshake with the car.
I'm going with bug since it didn't happen before, but does now and PaaK is no better at connecting to my car. Also, other services that need to detect things with BT are able to find devices much faster (seconds) than the connection with the car (seconds to infinite). Also, pulling so much power that the battery drains even when getting 11W of power is broken even if they intend for it to happen (which I continue to doubt).
Sponsored

OP
OP

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Now tested with 3.27.0 as well, continues to happen. I am seeing reports of this in other places as well (Facebook MachE groups). @Ford Motor Company any chance we can get some feedback here? Is this a known issue? Do you need help diagnosing it? Is there a place to report issues like this? Let us know, we would love to help improve the product!

OP
OP

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
The problem persists with 3.28.0. Battery once again dropped *while* charging overnight. A quick look at the 3.28.0 release thread shows others are still experience this extreme battery drain. Once again, restricting app background usage resolves the issue.
Sponsored