generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The situation was, I did not have a key fob. I was signed out / locked out of the Ford pass app, and PaaK wasn’t working. So all of those options were off the table.

I wonder if the other methods of locking the door work in the absence of a fob or a synced phone. That is, Can some random person just come up and lock the car from the outside which is basically what I would be doing in that scenario? I guess I could try it out or read the manual myself to see for sure.
Press the lock button on the inside of the door before closing it OR hold the bottom two buttons on the number pad with the door closed. Neither of those methods require a key (or PaaK).

Yes, a random person can lock an unlocked car. Is there any car where that is not the case?
Sponsored

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Press the lock button on the inside of the door before closing it OR hold the bottom two buttons on the number pad with the door closed. Neither of those methods require a key (or PaaK).

Yes, a random person can lock an unlocked car. Is there any car where that is not the case?
I appreciate the reply but I don’t think you quite understood my musing on a random person.
From the outside (i.e. without opening the door), I cannot think of another car where you can lock the car without the key or the key fob. .. Just stand outside the car and lock it? Assuming the windows are rolled up. Can you think of one? How is it done?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I appreciate the reply but I don’t think you read my question.
From the outside (i.e. without opening the door), I cannot think of another car where you can lock the car without the key or the key fob. .. Just stand outside the car and lock it? Assuming the windows are rolled up. Can you think of one? How is it done?
It can be done on any Ford by pressing the bottom two number buttons without the key. But I don’t see how that’s any more or less of an issue than a random person locking any unlocked car, even if they have to open the door to do it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I appreciate the reply but I don’t think you quite understood my musing on a random person.
When you left it unlocked to run into the store because you did not want the hassle of pillar passcode some good samaritan could have came and lock it for you. That could happen with the old push button locks on the doors but they would need to open the door which if unlocked they could. I think you needed a way to lock it with no key and that has been provided thanks to @generaltso and @macchiaz-o thanks guys.

Me I do not think paak is so refined right now that it can be declared as mission critical status. I have my own passcodes but prefer to shield and carry the fob for the first backup for a bit longer. I also cut and paste whenever possible and prefer simple workarounds. Second back up after the fob is passcodes. Waiting for the dust to settle. I know how to lock it with the fob and now other ways.
Sponsored