Difficulty setting the radio presets?

Sligolad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 4x, Macan S
Country flag
Has anyone had difficulty setting the radio presets? I don’t know how Ford managed it but the Sirius radio station interface is not intuitive. If there is a manual I can refer to to figure it out?

thanks
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Tune to the station you want and then hold in the preset location you want to save it to.

OP
OP

Sligolad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 4x, Macan S
Country flag
You can go to a preset by tapping on it, or you can cycle through them with the skip forward and back buttons on the steering wheel.
the skip forward and back function cycles through a bunch of stations I’ve no interest in. I wish I could delete them. I’ve had Sirius in my cars since 2007. This is the worst interface I’ve ever seen. Is there a way to clear memory?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the skip forward and back function cycles through a bunch of stations I’ve no interest in. I wish I could delete them. I’ve had Sirius in my cars since 2007. This is the worst interface I’ve ever seen. Is there a way to clear memory?
They only cycle through the presets in my car. You are supposed to be able to reduce the number of rows of presets, but there’s a bug at the moment that keeps setting it back to 3.

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
They only cycle through the presets in my car. You are supposed to be able to reduce the number of rows of presets, but there’s a bug at the moment that keeps setting it back to 3.
Quick way around the bug is to either not use profiles, or quick swap between two profiles by quickly tapping the memory seat buttons from one that is not the one you want back to the one that you want to use.

That fixes almost everything including the light settings not saving and the radio presets. I am not entirely convinced it remembers the balance and fader settings though.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Funny. I was just about to post about this. I keep setting the presets to six rows, but each time I restart the car it's back to three rows. Does anybody know when this will get fixed?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Funny. I was just about to post about this. I keep setting the presets to six rows, but each time I restart the car it's back to three rows. Does anybody know when this will get fixed?
This will likely be part of the update in May that is supposed to fix several settings that don’t stick.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, please explain what you “hold in”. If you are going to explain it, explain it.
Oh wow, sorry. I guess I shouldn't explain things anymore since I'm so bad at it. But here goes:

Under the radio station that you're listening to, there are rows of buttons that are locations for presets. When you hit one of those buttons, it will go to whatever station you have saved to that preset button. While you're tuned to a station you want to save to one of those preset buttons, hold in the preset button that you want the current station saved to. If it's a SXM station, you will see the logo for that station in that button after you set it. If it's an FM station, you'll see the frequency numbers. I've circled one of the preset buttons below. There are 5 preset buttons visibile in this picture. How'd I do?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Difficulty setting the radio presets? 1618051738164

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh wow, sorry. I guess I shouldn't explain things anymore since I'm so bad at it. But here goes:

Under the radio station that you're listening to, there are rows of buttons that are locations for presets. When you hit one of those buttons, it will go to whatever station you have saved to that preset button. While you're tuned to a station you want to save to one of those preset buttons, hold in the preset button that you want the current station saved to. If it's a SXM station, you will see the logo for that station in that button after you set it. If it's an FM station, you'll see the frequency numbers. I've circled one of the preset buttons below. There are 5 preset buttons visibile in this picture. How'd I do?

1618051738164.png
Just to add an example to your picture to make it even clearer for him... Let's say he wants to change 90's on 9 to 70's on 7. He manually tunes the radio to 70's on 7 first so it's actually playing, then he holds down the 90's on 9 preset for about 3 seconds until it beeps. That changes it to 70's on 7.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Ok, please explain what you “hold in”. If you are going to explain it, explain it.
LOL, I mean, what he described has been how radio station presets have worked for a very long time in cars I've driven. They just changed it to display on a tablet rather than physical buttons.
Sponsored