jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
I've been using the built-in nav for all cross country trips because it automatically calculates charging stops based on current driving, updating the charging stops as necessary. Does Android Auto integrate in with the battery state of charge in the Mach-E?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I've been using the built-in nav for all cross country trips because it automatically calculates charging stops based on current driving, updating the charging stops as necessary. Does Android Auto integrate in with the battery state of charge in the Mach-E?
Not at this point. I believe there is a bluetooth ODB2 reader that you can buy to connect with ABRP, but I haven't tried that.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Thatā€™s a shame. Apple CarPlay/Apple Maps does and will insert chargers along the route for you as well. You donā€™t get really fine control (like ā€œskip EVGo and use Electrify Americaā€), but the car does provide the information for Android Auto to use if it wished.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Are you sure the information is available? What is your source? How would they get the data, I don't think there is a common integration with odbc2 (these programs dont know throttle position, etc)? At best it would be car integration specific, so whoever did the base hal port for each os (they are not the same between apple and Android i assume) may or may not do it? Where is the Android permission covering car sensor data?

Apple could be guessing. Seems most likely.

Obie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X
Country flag
CarPlay/Apple Maps is able to get my current charge level and accurately predict my charge level upon arrival of my destination.

While they are definitely ā€œguessingā€ for arrival, thereā€™s no way for them to guess the current charge level (and itā€™s always been exactly what my IPC says). Thereā€™s even a notice when you connect for the first time asking permission to share data.
Sponsored