Does Magneride make that much of a difference?

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I drove a MY and immediately went and ordered a MME. MY was noisy and I felt every bit of road imperfection. The MME rides like a sports car, not a luxury car. I feel the road. It is a stiff suspension, but the cabin seems more insulated from the road noise and less jarring. It’s not my MIL’s Lincoln by any means. I actually find it more comfortable on a road trip though because of hands free BC and charging stops.
Sponsored

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I drove a MY and immediately went and ordered a MME. MY was noisy and I felt every bit of road imperfection. The MME rides like a sports car, not a luxury car. I feel the road. It is a stiff suspension, but the cabin seems more insulated from the road noise and less jarring. It’s not my MIL’s Lincoln by any means. I actually find it more comfortable on a road trip though because of hands free BC and charging stops.
Haha - exactly my path and conclusions as well.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I got the GT-PE because of (in order) the bigger brakes, Magneride, supposedly Forged wheels (we now know that they are not), seats. 😊🐩

It was tempting to get a GT because in the first year you could get a metal roof with 360 cameras. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I love having a metal roof in my GT, although I don’t have the 360 camera option.

smoke20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
Compared to a Stelvio Quadrifoglio and a AMG GLC63 on 20" Conti DWS06....the GTPE is way way way more comfortable even on its factory summer tires. We are super pleased.

xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro ss
Country flag
I haven't been in a mach e but I had a 2016 Camaro SS with magnetic shocks andi was so happy I got them. They were still pretty stiff in all driving modes but just being able to adjust them was awesome and I drive in Houston and they help a lot on bumps and rough roads. I just ordered a Mach-e and this was a must have option for me

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I have a '22 GT and a '22 GTPE, and I primarily drive the GT since it was the first one I got and it has the car seats and I'm generally hauling the kids about.

The only thing I like better about the GTPE is the suspension (and how the wheels look, I guess). On the buckling concrete-like roads around here, it makes a huge difference. I get thrown around in the GT, but it's almost perfectly smooth in the GTPE.

I don't like the front seats in the GTPE. There's too much of them. I hit my elbows in weird spots if I'm looking about. The extra power of the car is insignificant. I probably dislike the seats more than I like the suspension, so I think I'd personally save the money and go with GT. (I got the GTPE used and spent less than on the GT, so I'm not complaining.)

The short, unhelpful version is you really have to drive both of them on the roads you are typically going to be on to know what you like better.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We have a '22 GTPE and now a '23 Model 3 Performance...Magneride makes a remarkable difference that both my spouse (M3P driver) and I agree on. We also take into consideration that the difference in tires also contribute to it. My GTPE seats are phenomenal, and everyone comments on them. To me, it was worth the upgrade. Not to mention unlocking the additional torque, just so that I can say mine has more. 😅 😅 😅
Wow..our thoughts exactly. Ride cannot be better and quiet cabin with all season Michelin pilot as4 tires hit all the pluses. My wife loves heff GTPE. My turn in getting a ev and eyes are on the model y AWD long range with 330 mile range. $55K WELL loaded. Heading to test drive next week.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't been in a mach e but I had a 2016 Camaro SS with magnetic shocks andi was so happy I got them. They were still pretty stiff in all driving modes but just being able to adjust them was awesome and I drive in Houston and they help a lot on bumps and rough roads. I just ordered a Mach-e and this was a must have option for me
My daughter 2012 challenger SRT8 has brembos brakes, sport seats, and tuned suspension and is a dream to drive. 475 hp and torque is the sweet spot for power, good gas economy on trips and ride comfort. That's why my wife ordered the GTPE without a test drive. Options were worth it.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have experienced some of the worst municipal maintained roads I have ever seen up here in the mountains during this road trip, glad for the Magnaride.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a '22 GT and a '22 GTPE, and I primarily drive the GT since it was the first one I got and it has the car seats and I'm generally hauling the kids about.

The only thing I like better about the GTPE is the suspension (and how the wheels look, I guess). On the buckling concrete-like roads around here, it makes a huge difference. I get thrown around in the GT, but it's almost perfectly smooth in the GTPE.

I don't like the front seats in the GTPE. There's too much of them. I hit my elbows in weird spots if I'm looking about. The extra power of the car is insignificant. I probably dislike the seats more than I like the suspension, so I think I'd personally save the money and go with GT. (I got the GTPE used and spent less than on the GT, so I'm not complaining.)

The short, unhelpful version is you really have to drive both of them on the roads you are typically going to be on to know what you like better.
If you haven't yet, please see this thread about replacing the rear shocks. 😊🐩

Digitalsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE (replaced 2021 Premium RWD)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had a 2021 Premium for 8 months and 13k miles, ride was to harsh. Traded up to a GTPE, after reading ride reviews and immediately noticed a marked improvement. Magnaride softened the bumps and improved the handling. We noticed it in the first few feet of the test drive. The seats are also more comfortable. I would have happily kept the premium if it had the Magnaride, did not need the extra power. Have 11k miles on the GTPE and still feel the same.

MacheeeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I've put about 15,000 miles on my GTPE...

Here's my honest review...

The build quality is absolutely amazing. Ford has been doing this for decades and they know how to build cars.

Is Magneride worth it? If you're already set on getting a GT, then yes. I think it makes a huge difference. It's not the 0-60 that should be the factor in deciding between the two but rather the suspension.

The ride is still stiff on a GTPE... this ain't no Lexus.

The 5 second limiter is my number one complaint on this car. I ABSOLUTELY hate it.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
I think the Magnaride system rounds out the drive modes quite well.

As someone alluded to, it's not a luxury car, it's a tall sports car. That's how it drives.
After all, they did name it Mustang Mach-E, so don't be shocked. People don't expect an ICE Mustang to drive like a Town Car.

When my wife, parents, etc. are in the car I set it to Whisper or Engage. The ride is softer and body motions smoother.

On my own, with my sons, with friends, etc., it's Unbridled.

Whisper
Engage
Unbridled
Steering Effort
Light​
Moderate​
Heavy​
Accelerator Sensitivity
Low​
Medium​
High​
1- Pedal Regenerative Braking
Slow Deceleration​
Moderate Deceleration​
Faster Deceleration​
Ride Damping (GTPE Only)
Soft
Moderate
Firm

Add in the GTPE wheels (do not like flower power) and great seats, and I'm very happy with my GTPE.

All of that said, I will share one disclaimer. The GTPE price made sense to me when I bought my '22 because I was able to buy mine at sticker price when most others (all that I could find) were going for sticker plus $10k+ ADM. So my choice was Premium or GTPE.... same price, or within a couple thousand $$.

ryano7700

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a GT that is in the shop for the HVBJB repair. They gave me a GTPE to drive. While I’ve only driven it about 25 miles, the ride difference is real! Much better ride. And a little more acceleration. Not sure they are worth $5k.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Get old like me with degenerative lower back discs and you'll cherish those sport seats.
Sponsored